Thread: N1050 - Will not copy from camera or card reader

Thanks

N1050 - Will not copy from camera or card reader

I have just purchased an N1050 and have successfully installed and formatted the 160gb 2.5 inch drive. I can read and write to the 1050 via my PC, however, I cannot use the copy function on the 1050. When I connect my camera via the USB cable, the screen on the camera says it is "initialising the USB connection". (Minolta 5D) Normally, this screen would clear once a successful connection has been made to the PC. However, the camera screen continually displays the "initialising the USB connection" whilst connected to the 1050. I have tried pressing the copy button but nothing happens. I have tried connecting the power and USB cables in a different order but to no avail. I know the cameras USB connection works as I can download to the PC. I have tried a card reader connected to the 1050. I have formatted the disc as FAT32 and NTFS. Nothing seems to work - can anyone help please?
    Thanks,

Trevor
    PS, I have just tried with another camera (Nikon D300) and still no joy.
    PPS This question has also been raised as a ticket directly with Thecus on 12th December but they have not replied.

Thanks

Re: N1050 - Will not copy from camera or card reader

Daer Sir,

About OTG function:
    A. Please confirm the N1050 with battery pack we must confirm the power pack with high enough capacity as like full charged or Oxyride / Lithium batteries, according to our test the tradition alkaline battery would out of power with in 5 minutes.
    B. And than please try to turn the camera on first, and then connect it with N1050 and set the switch to copy again.
    C. The OTG function on N1050 HDD support FAT32 file system only, thus we need format HDD into FAT32 mode, regarding to Windows support FAT32 up to 32GB issue, here we could using a 3rd party utility to format the HDD large than 32GB:
    http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...at32format.htm
    D. The OTG function does not need to install any drivers.
    E. Due to the new CARD READER / DIGITAL CAMERA / CAMCORDER lunch day by day, thus not all of devices compatible with N1050, following working model from users’ fee back for your reference and also welcome for your update for the compatible model:

CANON G6
    CASIO EX-Z57
    CASIO S100
    CANON IXY
    SONY DSCP 10/100
    SONY SR-1
    Panasonic SDR-H20

Yvon.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I have formatted the disk as FAT32 using the utility supplied on your CD but I have been using Alkaline batteries in the power pack. The Alkaline batteries were new but I will charge up some re-chargeable batteries tonight after work and see if the OTG function works and will post again.
    Many thnaks,
    Trevor

Thanks

Hi,
    The drive was already formatted as FAT32 with your utility on the CD.
    I have tried rechargeable batteries and connecting in the same order as you have suggested.
    I used a memory card with only 2 images on it.
    The 1050 made a very quiet clicking noise when all connections made and power connected, but the "Power copy" light remained on and did not flicker as your printed manual suggests.
    I left it connected for several minutes and then plugged it into my PC but there are not any folders or images on the 1050.
    I understand what you are saying that some cameras are incompatible with the 1050 but there were not any indications on the website of the supplier that it would only work with selected cameras.
    Either I have a faulty 1050 or it just will not work with my camera, however I have tried it with 2 different camera and a card reader.

Thread Information