Thread: 5200 slow to open avi/mkv media

Thanks

5200 slow to open avi/mkv media

Running a 5200 PRO with one folder called movies and around 4,000 media files (.avi's, .mkv's). I can copy a file very quickly but when I open it with a media player (windows media player, BS Player, Media Classic) it takes about a minute to open a 700Mb avi but 5 minutes to start playing a high definition 4Gb mkv file.

If I then move the 4Gb file into a sub-folder where it's the only member, it opens and starts playing immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: 5200 slow to open avi/mkv media

Dear Sir,

Following suggestion for your reference:

1. Copy this file into another root folder & subfolder, and play this file from subfolder first, than play from root folder, to verify the possibility about the system coding issue on PC.
    2. Sumit a ticket from http:\\esupport.thecus.com amd proivde this file link for us to verify.

Thanks

Thank you Yvon

I submitted a ticket about a month ago, about 2 weeks ago I emailed my configuration file and have heard nothing since.

I have this same problem on all my 5200 boxes, it seems the larger the directory (as in number of files) and the larger the file I want to play, the longer it takes to start. Most media players time out with an error.

Registered+
    Thanks

With M$ operating systems (or should I say: non operating systems ?), I don't work at all whenever I have a chance to refuse, but My situation is, that I have about 650 movies and almost avi with Divx, Xvid and X264 coded and I can play them and they start immediately, also all music. OK, we know, I am only using proven operating systems that are known to do their job. What I use is NFS to export and on client side. You probably use SAMBA to get shares like Windows needs them.
    Therefore I am asking myself, what NFS would do for you. I heard, that there is server and client SW for M$ systems available, maybe you want give it a try and install a client on your PC and see to get the server starting on your NAS and just test it.
    One thing: I have setup the NAS to settle down the hard drives after a certain time of inactivity. When they are sleeping, that needs a few seconds before they start and with one application I have from time to time an error message than.

Thread Information