Thread: N4100Pro lost all shares instantly

Thanks

Correction: missing shares caused by user error

Before I issued the "mv *../" I had erroneously issued "mv *../*" which effectively moved everything in my current directory and everything in the parent directory into the last file in the parent directory.

Ahh, the consequences of incorrect syntax.

I don't want this to reflect poorly on Thecus, so I'm making my mistake known. The good news is that I still have the original copies, and my trust in my NAS is renewed.
    Last edited by kab00m; 26-01-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks

Re: N4100Pro lost all shares instantly

Dear Sir,

Seem the system been move or remvoed already, Thecus afraid to provide warranty and support for user install the SSH module, and it is no any log to savied, thus we have no ideal to known what user doing or change the system, it is like a car owner modify the car's engine and broken now, thus we afraid to provide the support for such case and thanks for your understanding.

Thanks

I understand.
    Last edited by kab00m; 26-01-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks

Installing ssh is akin to modifying an engine? Are you serious? ssh is such a fundamental tool, any administrator would feel naked without this tool for his network.

I would say that having ssh is more like being given the keys to your car. You can get into the glove box, move things from the back seat to the trunk, look under the hood, and drive the car yourself (rather than being dependent on the chauffeur that came with the car).

Kab00m is obviously still learning to drive, and we really can't figure out what happened without any logs. However, your position of not supporting a NAS with ssh installed makes me uncomfortable about my own.

Kab00m: You should create a user account and login as him. This will create logs of the commands you issue and prevent you from hosing your system.

Thanks

Dear Kab00m

If data really need to get back, please sumit a ticket from http://esupport.thecus.com , we would doing somthing as possible, but remote access would waiting after Feb/2 Chinese New Year.

Dear Sir,

As like if we get into enginer room, we could doing somthing in dangerous as like move or earse data, if we need learning to drive NAS or Linux, perhaps a Linux PC or live CD would be better than NAS, and thanks for your underatanding in advance.

Thanks

Yvon, thank you for offering to help recover my data. Instead, I will create a new RAID, and copy data over again. And I will take Theloneous's suggestion to use precaution in the future.

Happy New Year to you.
    Last edited by kab00m; 26-01-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: grammar

Thread Information