I currently have 2 N5200s, containing 4 Samsung HD103UJ drives each. However, I'm a tad concerned after having read some reports of RAID 5 arrays being corrupted, as there is no tool equivalent to WD's TLER to prevent HDs from being dropped intermittently. Firstly, is this issue significant enough that I should be considering replacement of the existing drives?

I'm also in the process of buying an N5200 Pro, so need to buy some drives anyway:

I notice that Samsung now have their HE103UJ drives, with their own CCTL enabled. I'm tempted to turn to WD drives though, as it would always be nice to have the option to disable this, even if it won't ever be used!

Ever a sucker for bigger numbers, I'd like to buy some of the WD1002FBYS RE3s. However, as this is for SMB use, I'm keeping my head screwed on and considering ones that are published on Thecus' HDD Compatibility list. The only 1TB drives listed for WD however are the WD Caviar RE2-GP drives, with the following caution:

GreenPower series drive could be mis-judge by NAS Disk Status to Warning but in theory this doesn't affect RAID status. In case there is any drive out from the RAID array, please check the drive status if it is normal through Data Lifeguard Diagnostic.

Now given that I won't actually be in the office for 99% of the time - is this an issue? I've tried looking for a more descriptive error regarding these drives, but come up short. What actually happens when using these drives in the N5200? Does the NAS continue to use it, or does it drop the drive from the array?

Apologies for the length of the post, it seems I have more than 1 issue at hand!