Thread: NS5200 Pro and AD, problem width ACL

Thanks

Angry NS5200 Pro and AD, problem width ACL

Hi,

I have upgraded our NS5200 Pro with the latest firmware, 2.00.15 and also migrated the raid set from raid 1 to raid 5. Everything worked fine but it I have problem with the ACL rights on one folder. I have synced the NS5200 Pro with our AD and the users and groups are visibile on the NAS. I have set the folder named XXX to be browsable and not public. I have set the ACL for the folder to a AD group and some specific AD users. I have set it to be recursive. When I try to access the folder from a computer I can see the folder but I have no access rights to access that folder. What can be wrong? If I set the folder to be public there is no problem to access the contents of the folder.

I have tried to access it by its hostname and the hostname + domain name, i.e \\myshared\xxx or \\myshared.yyy.local\xxx.

Any clues? I am much eager to get this to work.

Best Regards
    Anders

Thanks

Re: NS5200 Pro and AD, problem width ACL

Dear Sir,

The SMABA/WEBDISK/FTP base on same ACL, thus we could try with WEBDISK to verify this issue come from N5200 or the PC.
    If WEBDISK working fine but Windows can't access succesfully, please refer to following link about 3ways to remove Windows saved network password:
    http://esupport.thecus.com/support/i...itemid=57&nav=

Thanks

hi i got the same probleme what do you mean by webdisk?

Registered+
    Thanks

So I have something similar... mine goes like so:

After upgrading to v2.0.15 from the shipped v2.0.12 I created my RAID5 / 5x 750's from Seagate.
    I setup 2 folders, one for personal and one public.... the personal used the built in ACL and user access rights, no AD, and the public was well public.

After initiating a copy process from my main rig (vista) to the 'personal' folder I started a second backup from a secondary pc (xp pro) to the 'public' folder.

Some time into the copy process, I get access denied on both systems…. I then went and reset the n5200 by rebooting and retry the copying.

Result: same thing, after about 20 mins of copying from both rigs it denies me access. So I reboot the n5200 again.

The 3rd try I switch where I copy to… again after 20 mins or so I get access denied…. Rebooted n5200 again…

The 4th attempt I copied from the vista source to the 'personal' folder and it works. Then I do the xp-pro system to the public and it works.

I switched up the destinations for the 5th try, same sequence as the 4th try, (and changed pw's so as to make sure the managed network pw's would reset) and it works.

I'm using load balancing on my NIC's for the n5200 and its configured the same as my other n5200 (fw v2.0.12) except for the different firmware so I tend to believe there's an issue in the v2.0.15 firmware while doing multiple access to the system.

Any comments?

Registered+
    Thanks

ok, scratch that... its now saying access denied in 1-2 mins after reboot.... no matter which system/folder i'm going to.

Thanks

i read somewhere that the acls needed to be rebuilt after a modification (upgrade or raid change) but dont ask how to do it, id ont know.
    Last edited by ericlh; 12-05-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Thread Information