Thread: 3rd party ProFTPd module (Module Version 2.00.08.1 ) - setting up dropbox

Thanks

3rd party ProFTPd module (Module Version 2.00.08.1 ) - setting up dropbox

Hi,
    I was interested in installing the 3rd party module for FTP from onbeat.dk site but wondered if anyone had used it to set up ftp style dropboxes? Basically I'd like to be able to allow anon ftp into my thecus but ONLY to be able to see a 'chrooted' or isolated area (normally called /pub or somesuch) where people can drop files or retrieve them. I have no wish to make the rest of my shared files visible..

Does anyone know if this is easily done? (It will be using the Module Version 2.00.08.1 on Thecus 7700 runinng f/w 2.1.0.9).

thanks.
    Bob.

Thanks

Re: 3rd party ProFTPd module (Module Version 2.00.08.1 ) - setting up dropbox

Thats not implemented in the module - You can't define a home directory for the anonymous login with the module and You always end up in the /raid/data/ftproot folder, where all other folders viewable, cause from this folder to every defined share a symlink is created by the FW.
    Waht You can do with some manual work is to edit the /etc/passwd file and change the home directory of the user ftp, to a public share "pub" - the correct path is then /raid/data/pub.
    Then the anonymous login will be possible only to this folder, whereas other logins will be still in /raid/data/ftproot. The home directory for users can be changed with the help of the module.
    br
    Peter

Thread Information