Thread: N5200BR - DoM issue?

Thanks

N5200BR - DoM issue?

My 3 year old Thecus N5200BR has stopped working after a reboot to enable AFP. I'm running an old 1.00.07 firmware as I'm a firm believer in " If it aint broke dont fix it" but now I find myself stumped.

After leaving the NAS for some time working perfectly I had a fiddle with the settings and I was then told to reboot. I rebooted and the following occurred.

LCD Display shows
    ----------------------------
    Self Testing...
    I hear a beep then
    Thecus N5200
    Booting...

Then after about 2-3 mins it goes back to Self Testing screen and stays there. There is no disk activity other than the powered blue lights.

I raised a incident with Thecus in the hope it might be something simple as 3 year old devices are usually too "old school".

I've been asked to contact my local Thecus distributor for an RMA. I'm conscious of the fact the device is 3 years old and frankly might not have much life left in it.

Any idea who the local distributor might be (I'm in Worthing, uk) ? I suspect the DoM might be the issue but I'm not expert in these matters.

I've tried to update it using the USB but it just sits on "Selfttest..."

Could this be a DoM issue? I presume the DoM is simply a NVRAM IDE substitute?, if I sourced one locally could I just plug it in and use the USB upgrade process? or does that simply only deal with part of the image? Is there a core OS that needs to be there too?

If the repair is too expensive then I'd just replace it or simply share my MAC HD's out. I cant justify a big repair bill for a 3yr bit of kit.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Thanks

Re: N5200BR - DoM issue?

Confidence isnt high on getting this sorted, I've had no response from a distributor, so anybody know where I can get a replacement motherboard or do I just cut my loses and throw this in the bin?

I'm not bothered losing the data its backed up elsewhere so any options would be good please.

Thread Information