Thread: Dissapointed with Thecus Support

Thanks

Dissapointed with Thecus Support

Open a ticket on 8th Feb, 2010 8:21AM. Till today (10th Feb 2010 11:45AM), not a single e-mail or response from them. Really disappointing ! Ticket JFT-191387.

Is posting on forum the only way to get a response from support ?

Problem for those interested:
    Bough the N7700. Populated it with 4x2TB Hitachi drive (in their approve list of HD).

Trying to perform raid-5 to raid-5 migration to expand the storage capacity from 4 hd to 5 hd. Data usage is at 95% and there is a warning in the log indicating usage had exceeded 90%. During RAID-5 to RAID-5 migration it said raid is not healthy and not able to proceed with the raid migration. Checking the raid status on the web admin it shows "Healthy".

I started file system check from the web admin. Now the NAS is stuck at the File System Check screen with "Please Wait ....". Unable to perform any other task. Have done a factory reset via the LCD Panel, same issue.

Thanks for listening.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Dissapointed with Thecus Support

it took several days to get support the last couple of times i've tried. i guess they're either very busy or just not interested in helping their customers.

have you tried moving some of the data off the NAS to create some more free space before trying the migration again?

pvdven777

Quote Originally Posted by vibe666 View Post
    it took several days to get support the last couple of times i've tried. i guess they're either very busy or just not interested in helping their customers.

have you tried moving some of the data off the NAS to create some more free space before trying the migration again?
    Hiya Vibe,

I can understand your frustration. Even though my experiences in service aren't stellar I would like to say though that once they respond they seem very friendly and helpfull.

However it would appear that Thecus are battleing internally with their ticket handling system. Without knowing all the facts I get the impression that some calls get lost in the system.

You could try sending another ticket or like myself contact a local Thecus office directly on another channel (mail/phone). My ticket got picked up the same day after doing so (do beware of the time differences though).

Thanks

Thanks guys for your suggestion.

vibe666 ... at this stage I can't access anything from the NAS. After reboot and accessing the web admin it goes to the file system check screen with the "WAIT" prompt. Have left it overnight, no progress and the hd light does not seems to have any activity going on as well. No access to the shared file folder as well. Have tried booting without any hd, same problem. Each boot up, there is a message on the LCD ... "Entering File System Check" of something similar. Have tried Factory Reset as well, same issue.

Still no response from Thecus, let's see how long it takes them.

rookie no. 1

"Entering File System Check"

Did you allready try to access the web-interface after this message in the display. Sometimes you have to confirm the FS check via this way first.

Thanks

Dear tankm,

I will check with our support team on your issue.
    You will be contacted shortly.

Official Thecus Support Representative

Thanks

I too think Thecus support is a joke. It has been 8 days since my last response from them. Ticket# RTX-52860-624

Thanks

Yes, its quite horrible. After waiting 5 days, their answer to my issue -- "please install our beta firmware". Then I review the beta note, no mention of my issue. While I prefer to never install beta firmware in production, i would consider it if I felt like i would get any support from them if I had a problem. I'm pretty sure their answer to any issue (after waiting several days) would be "sorry its beta".

Registered+
    Thanks

Yes their support is not only lacking it doesn't exist. I will never again use the ticket system. I just call them and then I get the support that I need.

So if you really need support just pick up the phone. It always works for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rookie no. 1 View Post
    "Entering File System Check"

Did you allready try to access the web-interface after this message in the display. Sometimes you have to confirm the FS check via this way first.
    Thanks for your help.

It is stuck at the "Confirm the FS Check" with the message "Please Wait...". At this screen I can't select anything.

Summary of Sequence of event....
    1. Try Raid-5 to Raid-5 migration to expand disk. Got error indicating Raid not healthy but all web interface indicate Raid is healthy
    2. Start File System check from menu. NAS reboot after selecting FS Check.
    3. NAS Boot complete. Stuck at the screen where I'm to select the Raid for file system check with "Please Wait...". Unable to do anything else.

The screen capture where it's stuck at ..... [Notice the Raid is indicated as Healthy]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Ivan View Post
    Dear tankm,

I will check with our support team on your issue.
    You will be contacted shortly.

Thanks for your help. Support has contacted me, but they requesting conf.bin via "admin web interface. [System Management > Utility > Config Mgmt > Download]." which I can't access at all. Stuck at the "FS Check" screen.

As the ticket has been "CLOSED", I replied via e-mail.
    Last edited by tankm; 16-02-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glotgering View Post
    Yes their support is not only lacking it doesn't exist. I will never again use the ticket system. I just call them and then I get the support that I need.

So if you really need support just pick up the phone. It always works for me.
    Probably this is the best route. Thanks.

Thanks

3 weeks and counting.

Update 5th March, 2010.
    I now no longer able to post reply or post new thread, only able to update existing message. What's going on ? No message as to why.

To Thecus-Ivan.... I did not close the ticket, the Thecus support close it every time they send out a reply regarless if it resolve the problem or not. This in my opinion is not a proper procedure for handling customer support.

I'm counting the days..... 24 days and counting.
    Last edited by tankm; 05-03-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Dear tankm,

You said you reply to the email when your ticket was closed?

Can you please open a new ticket again, I am not sure if your email got through to us.

Thank you

Thread Information