Thread: Files downloaded to BT folder not visible and locked

Thanks

Files downloaded to BT folder not visible and locked

Hi there, Ive had my M3800 since nov 08 and its been pretty reliable...until now.

I downloaded a movie the other night using DLM and when the download completed, i went into the BT subfoler in my MOVIE folder to watch it. When i opened the folder inside BT folder which was my movie, it was empty. Thinking i may have accidentally deleted the file when deleteing the task, i redownloaded the file, but instead it did a hash check and informed me the down,load was complete. I again went into the designated folder and found it was still empty. I then looked in all the folders in the BT folder and they were all surprisingly empty.
    I figured i would just delete the folder and start over, but the folder will not delete as the directory is not empty. The folder appears locked and i am unable to figure this out. i have rebooted, restored factory defaults to no avail.

Interestingly, if i log into the box and view the folder using webdisk, it shows the movies but they are unplayable.

The other movie folder outside of BT are all fine. it seems the BT folder has just become corrupted.
    So i figured id load the DLM2 module and give that a try.
    After installing, i tried to load the configuration page, but it comes up blank.
    So i queued up the movie on DLM2 anyways and figured id just look for it after. When it was completed, did the clean ( which is a ridiculous step) and was unable to locate the file anywhere.

This is maddening, and it appears ive lost 50 GB of movies.

Please help.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Files downloaded to BT folder not visible and locked

Hi, are you able to browse files with a FTP client?

I have a N2200, but it also uses DLM2, and it stores the files either in "seeded" or "finished" inside the DLM2 module directories, which are in:
    /raid/data/module/DLM2/sys/btg/

Looking at DLM2 for the M3800, the module directories are a little different:
    /raid/module/DLM2/sys/btg/

Thanks

Hi again, I have updated the N2200 ROOTCMD user module to hopefully work on the M3800, if you want to give it a try...
    thecus.nas-central.org look in the N2200 section.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.
    No, i am unable to enter any of the subfolders within BT folder with ftp client. "Permission Denied" error

Im not familiar with the firectory structure you mentioned. is this ssh?

*edit*
    I downloaded the mod file and installed it but it will not enable and will not uninstall.
    Last edited by westcoastguy; 16-02-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: additional info

Registered+
    Thanks

You should install the SSHD module for the M3800, available from :

http://naswebsite.com/wiki/Thecus_M3800_Module:_SSHD

your problem sounds like a permission or ownership problem. Use ssh to log into the box and cd into the download directory (directory structure is /raid/<Folder name>). Use the chmod and chown command to restore reasonable permissions (for example, chmod 0644 *).

Thanks

ahhh ok. i downloaded winscp? is this the program i would use once the ssh module is installed and enabled? if thecus is password, what is username?

i tried googleing how to ssh into thecus m3800 but all i find is the ssh module, no instructions on use.

any more tips? permissions does sound like the issue, i think youre bang on there.

Thanks

After installing the SSHD module, try username 'root' password 'thecus'.
    If you connect with putty you can type commands into a shell.

As for ROOTCMD, it looks like I did not quite guess the directory structure right for the M3800.
    To remove the module, try this from the putty prompt after logging in successfully:
    Code:
    # remove ROOTCMD from module database
    sqlite /raid/module/cfg/module.db "delete from module where name = 'ROOTCMD'"
    sqlite /raid/module/cfg/module.db "delete from mod where module = 'ROOTCMD'"

# remove ROOTCMD module files (if any)
    rm -f  "/raid/module/cfg/module.rc/ROOTCMD.rc"
    rm -rf "/raid/module/ROOTCMD"

Thanks

WOOT! Thank you!!! got my movies back!

Oddly, while looking through the directory structure, there were many folder i had deleted previously which still showed as directories. is this normal behviour? my warranty is expired, so it doesnt matter either way, but i wondered why it isnt truly deleting directories when i delete them through web or mounting?

Thanks again!

Thanks

ok, so im still having some trouble with the download manager within the m3800.

After retrieving my movies by copying them out of the BT folder and into another folder where they were fully visible and viewable, i thought id start over and delete the existing BT folder so that the download manager would create a new one when starting a download.

I picked a small mp3 file to download and sadly, when viewing the BT folder via a mapped drive in XP, the BT folder is empty.

If i log in through winSCP, or putty, i see the file and can copy it out to a new folder.

Why is the BT folder not showing files?
    The other oddity that has crept up, is Download manager no longer shows progress.
    just 0kb downloaded, even though its clearly downloading the requested file.

AHHHHHHH effing thecus.

please help?

Thread Information