Thread: Random Resets and Green Screens

Thanks

Random Resets and Green Screens

Hi all, my first time posting so forgive any newbie errors.
    Have just built a new machine with the components listed below. However, I am getting major issues with the machine randomly resetting itself. I have also had a few instances of the machine causing a green screen and I have two episodes of a blue screen. This is not the blue screen of death but appears to be more like the Windows XP Home welcome screen, but with no text at all. The machine is unresponsive when either of these happen and I have to reset the machine myself.

What is very strange is that these random resets usually occur when I have switched between two user accounts, but not always. I am able to run Hyper Pi to 32 million places whilst downloading continuously and NOT get any problems. I can run Call of Duty Four with everything 'maxed' out for hours and UT3 too with absolutely no problems, whilst downloading. I can encode DVD's too my hearts content with no issues. However, when I tried to read data from an external Maxtor 500 GB USB drive the machine restarted with no warning. I thought that the errors may have been caused by overheating but this does not appear to be the case as all temperatures were within normal limits just prior to the last reset. The green screening occurred when switching between windows in Internet Explorer 7, whilst two accounts were active. These errors occur only when doing something simple.

All items were purchased from scan, with the exception of the Raptor X disk drive which was an ebuyer purchase. Any assistance and or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R with a Quad-Core Q6600, 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2, 512MB HiS HD3850, WD Raptor X150, WD750GB and a Corsair VX450W power supply.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Re: Random Resets and Green Screens

Welcome to HeXus John, hope you find a solution to your problem.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thread Information