Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Awaited Monster is finally here. Coolermaster GeminiII is now in stock guyz!!!

Thanks

Smile Long Awaited Monster is finally here. Coolermaster GeminiII is now in stock guyz!!!

Hey Everybody, the wait is finally over for one of the most awaited and highly anticipated CPU coolers ever - Coolermaster GeminiII has just arrived @ YOYOtech. What do you think of this guys???
    And for those who were eagerly waiting for it, plz order without much delays because we have only recieved a small quantity of these coolers at the moment.

Here is the Link

Registered+
    Thanks
    I got freezer 7 pro, its good, but is the gemini better???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    I got freezer 7 pro, its good, but is the gemini better???
    As u said, freezer 7 pro is quite good but Gemini probably would be better because of a better cooling architecture. Secondly, one would also have additional benefits coming with Gemini i.e it would cool VRMs, RAM and other surroundings to the CPU socket aswell giving the system more stability affected mainly by better cooling of VRMs. But again, at the end of the day, you would need to think wheather you need that sort of additional cooling and additional benefits of this cooler or not as compared to your existing CPU cooler.

Thanks
    and if you can fit that monster in your case

Thanks
    I just ordered a Xeon 3210 and I'm now looking for a cooler to go with it. I like the AC 7 Pro but I don't think it'll be suitable for the Xeon. Will this be a better bet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDs View Post
    I just ordered a Xeon 3210 and I'm now looking for a cooler to go with it. I like the AC 7 Pro but I don't think it'll be suitable for the Xeon. Will this be a better bet?
    It should be (providing there is enough room in your case for it to fit) as it's lga775. Plus it will help with airflow over your vrms.

I don't think it comes with fans, so if you need the extra cooling, you will have to add these to your list.

Why isn't the AC 7 Pro suitable for the xeon?

Thanks
    Cheers Vinny, the reason I don't think the AC will be sufficient is because the Xeon is a quad core processor, and I'm hoping to OC it to around 3 gig, at the speed and with it being a quad, I just don't think the AC will be able to cut it.

As to the fans, I have some Sharkoon sitting around doing nothing
    Last edited by DoubleDs; 28-04-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDs View Post
    Cheers Vinny, the reason I don't think the AC will be sufficient is because the Xeon is a quad core processor, and I'm hoping to OC it to around 3 gig, at the speed and with it being a quad, I just don't think the AC will be able to cut it.
    Makes sense, , the gemini11 is prob the best way to go (bar water cooling) for the time being. It is a monster of a HS though.

Regards.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb
    What do you think of this guys???
    I think its a great cooler.

BUT!

Its WAYYYY too heavy and cumbersome. Also, you dont even get any fans with it so for the cooler and 2 fans (that are any good you are looking at £60 for an air cooler.
    Better to go water for another £40-60 imho

Registered+
    Thanks
    They got it on display, tell ya, its one big cooler, looks cool !!!
    Its good they can have it on show

Thanks

Angry

This cooler is rubbish, I was told by YoYoTech staff that this is much better than my Zalman cnsp9500 LED and so I bought it and now my temps are sitting 10 degrees higher with 2 120mm fans attached to it.

So I call YoYo Tech to be told I can send it back but I lose 20% for restocking fee.

Not impressed.

Thanks
    • GSte's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 @ 4.2GHz / TRUE
      • Memory:
      • 6GB GSkill 1600MHz cas6
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Barracuda, 2 x WD 500GB AAKS, 1TB Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX470
      • PSU:
      • NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850W
      • Case:
      • X-Clio Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • XP Home, Vista Home Premium X64, Win7 Home X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 245B
      • Internet:
      • Be Not So Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by csallis View Post
    This cooler is rubbish, I was told by YoYoTech staff that this is much better than my Zalman cnsp9500 LED and so I bought it and now my temps are sitting 10 degrees higher with 2 120mm fans attached to it.

So I call YoYo Tech to be told I can send it back but I lose 20% for restocking fee.

Not impressed.
    That's gotta be an installation issue surely.... that Zalman isn't particularly good, so for the gemin11 to be worse....

And for a company to take the cooler back used is quite remarkable, think you're getting a good deal at 20%.... I mean, who'd want to buy it again?

Thanks

Unhappy

My Zalman only has a little 80mm fan on it and the Gemini had 2 120mm decent fans on it thats why I can't understand the Zalman beating it by so much, but then the Zalman is all copper and the Gemini isnt so guess that may help it.

The Gemini is a complete pain to take out again, If you ever upgrade your processor with the Gemini in you have to completely rebuild the machine because it fastens on the back of the motherboard, its just a poorly thought out cooler.

I have just dropped it in the bin, its not worth the hassle and cost of sending it back I will go back to where I normally order from for something better, what annoyed me most was I only bought it because the staff at YoYo Tech who I spoke to told me it was better.

But still you have to try new places every now and again dont you.

Thanks
    I don't think the staff at yyt (I am in no way connected) can be blamed for this, every review I have read (apart from yours, of course) of this hsf has been excellent.

Registered User YOYOtech - Mark's Avatar
    Thanks

Gemini II

we are sorry for the problems you experianced with the Coolermaster Gemini II cpu cooler......we have sold a lot of these coolers - all with good customer feedback, saying what a good cooler it is...
    also the reviews we are seeing in a number of magazines rate it as one of the best coolers around at the moment (customPC - june)

mark

www.yoyotech.co.uk

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by csallis View Post

Not impressed.
    i guess you should sell the gemini on ebay, still waiting for the thermalright ultra 120, that one will not let you down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information