Thread: AIW x1300 tv viewing on dual monitor

Thanks

AIW x1300 tv viewing on dual monitor

I have a dual monitor setup and the TV will only display in monitor # 1. I want to get display in monitor 2 and was wondering if anyone knows how to do it? Is it supported?

Thanks

ATi Technologies Multimedia Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi ktcox,
    You should be able to set up the monitor arrangement you want through the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) display settings section. What application are you using? Just try draging the app window onto the 2nd monitor once you have it set up from CCC.
    Multimedia Mike

Thanks

TV Application doesn't move into the second monitor

The application that I am running is the tv program from ATI. It will display in the first window but will not drag into the second. The funny thing is the TV control will drag into the second window.

Thanks
    Hi ktcox,
    You're right, you actually can't move the TV window over to the other monitor. I talked to some people here and it's actually intentionally done that way for MMC stability purposes. If you really need to use the 2nd monitor, you can try out some 3rd party apps to see what supports this capability. What I did try is MCE and that seems to work so maybe you can try that out if you can get a hold of it.
    Multimedia Mike

Thanks
    I registered just to reply to this. I recently purchased a second LCD which purpose was primarily for having ATI TV running on it. I was not ammused with the fact that ATI TV could not be dragged over to that secondary display.

I can only hope that ATI changes or includes the option to have ATI TV to not use overlay for it's TV display. By the time it happens, I probably will not be using this AIW card anymore. I do not plan to purchase another one again in the future. This AIW card was my first and will be the last. The main issues I have with being satisfied with it are all regarding ATI Multimedia Center with one example being the issue discussed in this thread. The GPU and the Catalysts Drivers are supreme, it's just too bad that MMC has been the way it's been, buggy.

For the original poster, the best altarnative I have come accross that does not cost money is WinAMP with the WinAmp TV Plugin at http://www.brics.dk/~barnie/WinampTV/ . It's one of the few TV apps that will actually work with an All In Wonder. Another good one, but it costs money is ChrisTV. The free version of ChrisTV does not have multimonitor support.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I just wanted to clarify that these issues you're discussing have nothing to do with your AIW cards. It's just a specific thing about MMC. Like I said, it was done this way intentionally and so it's not going to be changed any time in the near future (and possibly not at all). MMC is just an application and so you can't expect it to do everything you can think of, so it's bound to not meet some needs of some users. You are welcome to try out some other apps (like the one mentioned above) and if those work out, that's great.
    Multimedia Mike

Thanks
    Oh you don't have to remind me of how ATI will not make changes to MMC. Oh wait a second, they do make changes for us, like disabling the ability to turn off TV on demand. That was a nice one. But back to the topic, having the option to render TV with WMR 7 which is a standard component found on all Windows XP systems would be a no brainer right?

I suspect that after reading this LINK, I doubt we will see much more for MMC.

Thanks
    One thing I can say is that this inability to drag the TV to a second monitor is a new "feature" that was introduced after MMC v9.08. On that version and previous versions you could simply drag the TV to the second monitor.

I'd been doing this for years since my first purchase of a TV Wonder card and have NEVER had a problem with it. It's disappointing that the newer versions of MMC actually have less functionality (TVOD always on, can't drag to 2nd monitor, etc...)

So if you're having these problems, I suggest you go grab yourself the 9.08 version of MMC.

Thanks

Re: AIW x1300 tv viewing on dual monitor

I know this thread is over a year old, but I stumbled across it and figured I'd respond in case others find it later...

Here's how to make it so you can move the TV display to a secondary monitor:

First, you need to have selected to install EASYLOOK during the initial install.
    Second, You need to install the Remote Wonder (remote control) driver\software. It's a free download from the ATI drivers site. Do that even if you don't have one or never use it.

Then, in the Multimedia Center Configuration (from the start menu) on the EAZYLOOK tab, the last option is for multimonitor support. Enable it and the TV can move to the other monitor.

ô¿ô¬
    ~Bill
    Last edited by Bill Seiler; 12-09-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Thread Information