Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EvE

Thanks
    one of the guys in my corp makes ~750K ISK every half hour with mining you wont get that in the early missions thats for sure

Thanks
    Yup, I play Eve - what a game!

Could I recommend the Eve University Corp to any new players? Its excellent for developing your knowledge of the game and runs regular classes on all aspects of play, loads of friendly people to help you out. The nice thing about it is that there is no 'hidden agenda'.

Needless to say I am a member, convo me if you want to know more about it.

Cheers

Chunks ('Chks' in game)

Thanks
    I may well give you a shout in the next few days!
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    No problemo - ill be away on business for 14 days soon but you can always use the recruitment channel, theyre a freindly bunch.

Chks

Registered+
    Thanks
    been playing this for nearly 3 years, 45.6 mil Skill points, if your ver looking for a corp, give me a pm :-)

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    I just picked up the free trial of this, getting very tempted to pay for it. First MMO that hasn't made me throw things.

Thanks
    • rox0r's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair IV Formula
      • CPU:
      • AMD PHENOM2 X6 1090T
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 240Gb SSD, 1 x 1Tb F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD R9 280x
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650 Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Designs R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2709W 27"
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    one of the guys in my corp makes ~750K ISK every half hour with mining you wont get that in the early missions thats for sure
    Oh you can, pick up any mission involving Angels and you can salvage items like alloyed tritanium bars off them which go for around 250k isk each, even in L1 missions. With a destroyer chewing through L2 missions (or even L1) you can earn millions per hour just from salvage alone. It's what I make my bread and butter from at the moment in L3s.

Thanks
    • nimbu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M3N78-EMH
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4050e
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Cosair XMS DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 30GB Samsung SSD : 250GB Seagate ES
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Hyper Type R 550W Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 Mini
    Was my 4th Eve Birthday about a week ago...... still here, just keeping a low profile.
    MAIN BOX: 4200+ @2.75 : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe: XP120 + Papst: 2Gb Mushkin Redline PC4000: 512MB 7950GT: 2x36GB WD Raptors in RAID 0:WD 420GB : NEC DVDR/RW: All Wrapped up in a Antec P180

Thanks
    • Digerati's system
      • CPU:
      • i5
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 5800 HD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27"
    Ah, I miss EvE. I started playing it about 3 months after its release and got my character to about 17m SP before getting bored and cancling my sub. Longest running game for me though, I've been so tempted to jump back on with a free trial but i KNOW it'll take my life away again, lol

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    The trial seems to have some limitations to stop macro miners, none of the serious ships are available and I cant seem to get a level 2 agent.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    You need a certain amount of standing with the NPC corp you want to work with before you are allowed level 2 agents. The higher the quality of the agent, the higher the standing needed. For level 2 I believe it's between 1.0 and 3.0. You can either work at level 1 agents to grind the standing up (you get storyline missions after every 15-16 missions you do with one agent that increases your standing by a big amount as well), or train the Connections skill which increases your standing by 4% (ie 0.4) per level. Or indeed do both.

If you plan on sticking with missions, make sure you pick a corp that has medical facilities at some of their starbases. This will allow you to buy a jumpclone when your standing hits 8.0. You also get tax free refining when you get tp 6.67 as well.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    You need a certain amount of standing with the NPC corp you want to work with before you are allowed level 2 agents. The higher the quality of the agent, the higher the standing needed. For level 2 I believe it's between 1.0 and 3.0. You can either work at level 1 agents to grind the standing up (you get storyline missions after every 15-16 missions you do with one agent that increases your standing by a big amount as well), or train the Connections skill which increases your standing by 4% (ie 0.4) per level. Or indeed do both.

If you plan on sticking with missions, make sure you pick a corp that has medical facilities at some of their starbases. This will allow you to buy a jumpclone when your standing hits 8.0. You also get tax free refining when you get tp 6.67 as well.
    Thanks mate, do you know if regional standing plays a part? I got one guy up to 5.6 with no level 2 agent, he wasn't in my corp though so i figured that was the problem, got a 0 quality agent up to 4.something in my corp now, so I should get a new agent soon hopefully.

Thanks
    • nimbu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M3N78-EMH
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4050e
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 Mini
    Faction standing also allows you to access agents that are loyal to that faction.

EG I have a Faction standing of 6.06 with Gallente Federation, so I can run missions for corps that are part of the gallente fedration without the right Corp standing.
    MAIN BOX: 4200+ @2.75 : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe: XP120 + Papst: 2Gb Mushkin Redline PC4000: 512MB 7950GT: 2x36GB WD Raptors in RAID 0:WD 420GB : NEC DVDR/RW: All Wrapped up in a Antec P180

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    Thanks mate, do you know if regional standing plays a part? I got one guy up to 5.6 with no level 2 agent, he wasn't in my corp though so i figured that was the problem, got a 0 quality agent up to 4.something in my corp now, so I should get a new agent soon hopefully.
    There are 3 types of standings (can be viewed on your Character's Standing page).

Agent Standing (bottom list of the page): - Quickest to rise and only affects the "Effective Quality" of the agent (can be seen under agent info). The more missions you do with that agent, the slightly more rewards you get in money, LP and corp standing increase. Does not affect what what level agents are available to you.

Corp Standing (middle): - Increases when you do a mission for them and slower than agent standing. If you right click the corp in your Character's Standing page, you can select show transactions to see how much standings increase you are getting per mission. This value affects what level agents are available to you.
    Decreases when you destroy their ships (usually only pirate faction will decrease this way).

Faction Standing (top list): - This only increases when you do a Storyline mission. That faction's standings towards other factions will affect your standings as well. For example, when you complete a storyline mission for a Gallente corp, your Gallente faction will increase. As the Gallente has positive standings towards Minmatar and Servants of Eve, those standings will also increase (in fact, SOE increases quicker than Gallente for some reason! ). They also don't like the Caldari and Amarr, so those standings will drop. It also drops when you destory their ships (normally in missions for the other faction). As nimbu said above, this value also affects what level agents are available to you, but for all corps that are associated with that faction.
    Not sure, but be careful that they don't drop too low otherwise you might not be allowed in their space (-5.0 maybe). Personally, I would get a mission or two for all sides so that you can work for them at some point later in your career as the corp standings hold their value regardless if the faction value drops.

Just to check that you are searching for agents yourself rather than waiting for an EVEmail to tell you that there's one available?

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Thanks Gerrard, that clears up a lot and yeah I'm using the corp info screen to see all the agents available.

Thanks
    • nimbu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M3N78-EMH
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4050e
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    Not sure, but be careful that they don't drop too low otherwise you might not be allowed in their space (-5.0 maybe). Personally, I would get a mission or two for all sides so that you can work for them at some point later in your career as the corp standings hold their value regardless if the faction value drops.
    That will be the case when factional warfare is introduced, hasnt happened yet. To avoid that you can run missions for both sides or there is a specfic corp that doesnt influence your factional standings afaik. But i dunno which corp it is tbh. There is also a skill that increases your standing to corps that dislike you, again off the top of my head i cant remember it.

Nims

Thread Information