Thread: Faulty F-I90HD

Thanks

Faulty F-I90HD

A few days ago I recieved my new F-I90HD motherboard and I've been having some rather serious problems with it since. I've got a Panasonic 50PX70 Plasma wich is supposed to be the main screen for my new HTPC.

After assembling my HTPC I connected it to my TV with the HDMI kable and nothing else, but there wasn't any picture showing. I'm pretty sure the HDMI port I'm using on my TV is working, since I used it with a DVI-HDMI cable from my previous HTPC. I then tried connecting to the TV with a VGA cable and this worked fine, so I continued installing WIndows Vista, thinking that I could probably switch over to HDMI when I got the ATI drivers installed.

After Vista was installed and the proper ATI drivers was too, I tried to see if the computer would register the TV, when I plugged the HDMI cable in. It did, as soon as I connected the HDMI cable, the plasma TV shoved up in the disabled section of the ATI Control Panel. I tried setting it as primary display, but no picture appeared on my HDMI channel. I tried using Force HDTV mode (1280 x 720@50) and then setting it as primary display, still no luck.

I can't really figure out what is wrong. Should I be able to see a picture via the HDMI port even before I install an OS? IS there some basic think in the BIOS I have overlocked? Ii this some kind of problem in my HDMI port on the motherboard? ANy kind of help or suggestions will be accepted with great cheer.

Thanks
    You should be able to see the bios screens on boot via hdmi, in fact you should also see the windows loading first screen......unless maybe the switch in the bios that sets the hdmi output from hdmi to dvi matters. It should be set to normal (hdmi).

Thread Information