Thread: Fatal1ty F-I90HD Problems

Thanks

Fatal1ty F-I90HD Problems

Hello

I have recently built a new htpc based around the abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD, i purchased a new tv to connect it to a samsung le32m87bdx. I have the htpc connected to the tv via its onboard hdmi connector using the onboard graphics ati X1250 at 1360x768.

The problem i have is a flickering desktop this can be intermittent comes and goes, but when playing a DVD or any video i get major stuttering with both video and audio. The screen will even go black for a few seconds then return.

If i drop the resolution down to 1280x720 the flickering and stuttering stops.

If i connect the htpc to the TV via vga at 1360x768 the flickering and the stuttering stop.

I have installed the latest drivers from ati's site but this makes no difference.

I have tried emailing abit but i am getting errors saying that the email can not be delivered to techsupport-uk abit.eu (i have removed the @ because of the 5 post rule) message will de retried for 1 more day.

System specs

Antec fusion v2 case
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD
    Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C5 TwinX
    Samsung 250g HD
    Vista ultimate 32 bit

Thanks Jase

Thanks

Re: Fatal1ty F-I90HD Problems

did you have any luck finding the cause?

I am experienceing the same thing at 1080p on, it used to work fine until a week ago>>>>

Thanks

Re: Fatal1ty F-I90HD Problems

No i never found a cause of this problem, well not really as i installed an ati 2600xt graphics card and have not had the problem since, witch does suggest that it was the onboard graphics of the Fatal1ty F-I90HD.

I did try emailing abit europe/uk and telephoning them but never got a response from the email and the telephone number for the uk was just an answering machine, so to cut a long story short i will stick to asus motherboards in future as at least they respond to emails, and will never buy an abit product again.

Jase

Thread Information