Thread: Problem w virtual sound card driver for AirPace Music

Thanks

Problem w virtual sound card driver for AirPace Music

Hi, I have bought an AirPace Music device in order to play my laptop music on the stereo over wifi. However, I can't install the software or rather the virtual sound card driver needed by the product and it really annoys me, can someone please help?

When I run the installation program I get an "Unable to install virtual sound card driver" error message. The rest of the installation goes well so I can run the application (but get a "Virtual Audio Initialize Fail” message at the end). I can also start the Wireless Audio Setup Wizard that seems to detect my device properly but when selected I get a "Timeout" message - since the virtual sound card driver was not installed I suppose.

I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop - FW21E running Vista Home Premium. I called support but he said that it works on his Vista Business and that it had worked on other Vista Home Premium computers. I have not had problems with other drivers.

Can this be due to me running a Swedish Vista version or does it have anything to do with the Sony applications being installed? What can be the reasons for failed sound card driver installation and what can I do to try to pinpoint the actual problem? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks / Fred

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Problem w virtual sound card driver for AirPace Music

What is your usual soundcard? Onboard?
    Look in device manager for exclamation marks, maybe onboard sound is not installed properly.
    Look in BIOS to see if HD audio is selected.
    What board is it?
    IP35 Pro, Intel quad q660 - GO, 2GB DDR2, Asus EAH 3650 GFX
    620W Coolermaster true power
    500 GB SATA II
    All in a P182 case.

Thanks

Thanks,
    No exclamation marks found in device manager, I have three entries under Sound units:
    - ATI HDMI Audio
    - Bluetooth-sound
    - Realtek High Definition Audio (my soundcard I guess)

All of them indicating that the work well. Should I try to inactivate them?

When I Right click on the speaker icon in the statusbar and select sound I see two entries in the first tab (don't have all the correct names on things since translating from Swedish...) Digital Output Device (HDMI) - status: Not connected, Speaker/HP - status: Working. I tried to Inactivate these to see if it helped but no chage (however since I did'nt know what I was doing I couldn't get them back, ended up having to revert back to an old recoverypoint...)

Checked BIOS (? F2 during startup, Aptio Setup Utility, DOS style...) but could not see any information about anything sound related.

In devicemanager under systemunits I have two entries "High Definition Audio-controlunit" without much info - Microsoft. Does this mean anything...

During shutdown (and/or startup?) I always get the message "Updates configures Step 3 out of 3" in the Vista screen. Is this related to the failed installation that it keeps trying?

Any suggestions what I can try? (as you notice I'm not that knowledgebel in this area so please give detailed instructions as for dummies...)

BR / Fredrik

Thanks

Board info update: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 (Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, P8400 2,26GHz. 4GB RAM)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    Hi, I have bought an AirPace Music device in order to play my laptop music on the stereo over wifi. However, I can't install the software or rather the virtual sound card driver needed by the product and it really annoys me, can someone please help?

When I run the installation program I get an "Unable to install virtual sound card driver" error message. The rest of the installation goes well so I can run the application (but get a "Virtual Audio Initialize Fail” message at the end). I can also start the Wireless Audio Setup Wizard that seems to detect my device properly but when selected I get a "Timeout" message - since the virtual sound card driver was not installed I suppose.

I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop - FW21E running Vista Home Premium. I called support but he said that it works on his Vista Business and that it had worked on other Vista Home Premium computers. I have not had problems with other drivers.

Can this be due to me running a Swedish Vista version or does it have anything to do with the Sony applications being installed? What can be the reasons for failed sound card driver installation and what can I do to try to pinpoint the actual problem? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks / Fred
    I need the driver for this device. The link on Abit's website has gone down, and their technical support is non-reachable. Does anybody still have the driver for this device?

Thanks!

Thanks

Hello, everyone. I am still in need of this driver. The link for this driver is supposed to be at the link "ww w.abit.com.tw/page/en/multimedia/multimedia_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=AirPace+Music&fMTYPE=AirPace Family&pPRODINFO=Driver", but the driver is not correctly linked.

Frederik, moderator, anybody... if you have the driver please create a link to download it somewhere.

Much appreciated,

LK

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by leekwo View Post
    Hello, everyone. I am still in need of this driver. The link for this driver is supposed to be at the link "ww w.abit.com.tw/page/en/multimedia/multimedia_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=AirPace+Music&fMTYPE=AirPace Family&pPRODINFO=Driver", but the driver is not correctly linked.

Frederik, moderator, anybody... if you have the driver please create a link to download it somewhere.

Much appreciated,

LK
    Post a message in the thread below, alot of people who used to spend time in the Abit Forums hang about there, maybe they have the driver & can send you it, worth a try.

http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showforum=128

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by leekwo View Post

Much appreciated,

LK
    http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/driver2/airpace/wifi_U1011_20070511.zip

Thanks

Thanks, Nelly. I was able to get the file with the help of the other forum which you suggested.

How did you find that abit file directory?

Thread Information