Thread: IP35 won't post...

Thanks

IP35 won't post...

Hi All,

I'm having some problems with my Abit IP35 pro. I'll try and outline the problem(s) as clearly as I can.

Some history/specs-

I've had an Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard for around two years now. Its coupled with a Quad Core 6600. All running at stock timings, made sure by manual settings in the BIOS.

When I first got the motherboard, I had some problems similar to what I'm encountering now. The motherboard would post at random times. Most times it would not post. The LED lights would be different, but usually 90 or 99. Sometimes 7F.

One day, right after the cmos button at the rear of the computer had accidentally snapped off the problems ceased. Having the clear cmos switch break off freaked me out, but the pc was perfectly fine. It was fine for nearly two years. Completely stable.

A few months ago, I noticed a sound coming from my PC speakers once in awhile. It sounded like when an application/program fails and you get an error message. But, there was no message of any kind. Just the sound.

I also noticed my pc began to crash every so often. Once a week on average maybe. The monitor would give a quick flash of blue screen with text, then immediately reset.

Aside from that, the pc was perfectly fine. Everything worked well.

The Current Problem

Yesterday I came home and windows would not load, not without a ton of work. I could neither system restore or virus scan. I did some research, asked some questions and it seemed like a virus or windows error that would require a reformat.

The problem now is the motherboard will rarely, if ever post.

I have to reset cmos by pulling out the lithium battery. That rarely works, but seems like the only thing that does. I've tried resetting plugs, removing and replacing pieces of hardware. They seemed to have no effect. I'd say the battery method works 1 out of 10 times.

When I did get on, I tried going into the bios and making sure the voltages and memory timings were at their correct timings. Like many times when I worked with the bios, the PC shut down and would not post.

If I ever got the pc to post, whenever I restarted it it would not post. It would require numerous attempts to clear the cmos.

So basically...

I'm at a loss for what to do. The motherboard gets all the lights going on, the fans power up. But, then the motherboard LED will show 90, 99, or 7F and there will be no post. I have a corsair PSU, and I'm aware they have had problems. But, like I said it was stable for two years. Perhaps the psu is dying? The voltages seemed strong in cpuz when I got on.

I've done research and I see this is not an uncommon problem with the abit Ip35 pro. I haven't been able to find any answer though.

I've been tearing my hair out over this the past two days. I dug out my old pc to post this. If anyone can help in anyway at all, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks

Re: IP35 won't post...

welcome

It helps others to help you if they know exactly what you are dealing with.
    Please supply a full system specification incl. make & models.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks

Re: IP35 won't post...

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
    welcome

It helps others to help you if they know exactly what you are dealing with.
    Please supply a full system specification incl. make & models.
    Also the date you purchased your components with exact times in 24hr format. Also how many people have used your pc. Also where you keep it. Also did you pay cash or card. Basically everything.

Thread Information