Thread: Abit IN9 32X-MAX boot problem POSTCODE 8.A

Thanks

Abit IN9 32X-MAX boot problem POSTCODE 8.A

Hello everyone. Im am just about to panic with this problem bothering the for the past few days. ANY help or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I have a system with the following specs:
    Abit in9 32x-max motherboard
    Intel Q9550 CPU
    4GB OCZ SLI DDR2 RAM
    2x Geforce8800GT running in SLI
    850w Zallman PSU
    2x500GB HDD in raid0

I've had this mobo for 4 years and it's been great. Last week I bought 2 new ASUS Geforce 560 TI gfx cards along with more RAM to put some power in the old beast.

- First i replaced the RAM and booted up (still with the 2 old 8800GT cards) - no problem.
    - I then mounted both of the new geforce560 TI with SLI bridge and all.

Now when i boot I'll get a Postcode 8.A (NorthBridge Chipset Voltage Ready) for 5 second and then it shuts down, screen is consistently black and I haven't touched the northbridge/chipset at all.

- I cleared the CMOS, took out batteri for a few minutes and booted up again - same error.
    - I replaced the new gfx cards with just 1 of the old ones just to get the machine to boot - still the same.

Now after several days of troubleshooting I am totally blank on what to do, I feel like i've tried anything. I can't even get the system back up with the old setup - which was working fine just days ago.

I eliminated the problem to be somewhere in either PSU or motherboard as I've disconnected everything except CPU/mobo/PSU and I STILL get the PostCode 8.A - then a shutdown. I'm worried that I may have killed my mobo or PSU

Any ideas? I really hope someone can help!

Thanks

Re: Abit IN9 32X-MAX boot problem POSTCODE 8.A

Did you connect the extra auxiliary power connector at the bottom of the board? Did you verify the PSU is putting out the correct voltages? What voltage/timing/brand/size memory modules are they? Remove all but one module and install just one video card, see what happens.

I realize you probably have already given up with support here, I fear this may be a dead forum as well. But can you do me a favor? If you do happen to get it booted and come back, let me know if you're running Windows7 64bit, because if you are I have questions for you about the onboard nForce Sata controllers.

Thanks

Re: Abit IN9 32X-MAX boot problem POSTCODE 8.A

I didnt make it work. It was as u said, I had forgotten to re-connect the last 4 pin in the 24pin AUX power - and 1 boot was enough to toast the northbridge. (terrible mistake)

I bought a new one..

I was running win7 84-bit I may still be able to answer your questions? I don't remember having any complications with the sata controllers - setting up raid was easy too.

Thread Information