Thread: Hi award bootblock bios v1.0 toooooo fast on in9 32x max..??

Thanks

Hi award bootblock bios v1.0 toooooo fast on in9 32x max..??

Hi

I am trying to recover bios on in9 32x max board..

The problem is the Award bootblock bios v1.0 seems too fast to allow the floppy to boot to dos and then actually execute the autoexec.bat file..

About 9 seconds, from switch on before auto reboot/retry..

I have seen another thread with a guy highlighting exactly the same issue, although no one replied to his requests for assistance..

Was thinking there may need to be a correct default recovery bios file name .. e.g. bios.bin but after research I don't think that is the case...

Could be I need the EXACT awdflash version, heard of people trying 8 diff versions before success..

Or there may be some other small detail that a previous or current Abit mobo owner could highlight that will solve this issue..

I don't think the recovery process or bios chip are corrupted or faulty as it would be unlikely that two people would have exactly the same issue with what seems like the bootblock bios recovery is going too fast for the floppy and reboots before awdflash has a proper chance...

Probably just seems that way because I am using the wrong version of awdfalsh or some thing...

I am not a newbie at this type of thing, but this one has flummoxed me so far..

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Re: Hi award bootblock bios v1.0 toooooo fast on in9 32x max..??

Quote Originally Posted by ziggatron View Post
    Hi

I am trying to recover bios on in9 32x max board..

The problem is the Award bootblock bios v1.0 seems too fast to allow the floppy to boot to dos and then actually execute the autoexec.bat file..

About 9 seconds, from switch on before auto reboot/retry..

I have seen another thread with a guy highlighting exactly the same issue, although no one replied to his requests for assistance..

Was thinking there may need to be a correct default recovery bios file name .. e.g. bios.bin but after research I don't think that is the case...

Could be I need the EXACT awdflash version, heard of people trying 8 diff versions before success..

Or there may be some other small detail that a previous or current Abit mobo owner could highlight that will solve this issue..

I don't think the recovery process or bios chip are corrupted or faulty as it would be unlikely that two people would have exactly the same issue with what seems like the bootblock bios recovery is going too fast for the floppy and reboots before awdflash has a proper chance...

Probably just seems that way because I am using the wrong version of awdfalsh or some thing...

I am not a newbie at this type of thing, but this one has flummoxed me so far..

Any ideas please.
    bump

Thread Information