Thread: Newest uGuru software for AN8-SLI Fatal1ty?

Thanks

Newest uGuru software for AN8-SLI Fatal1ty?

Hey Abit guys, hope you can help me out with a simple query - what's the latest version of uGuru that will work for the above motherboard? I see there is a more recent version out for the AN9-boards, but will this work with mine? I ask because the current uGuru is reasonably buggy and unstable at times, and was hoping they might have actually gotten round to fixing it.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    No, your board uses the 2nd generation uGuru chip so you need the 2.xx versions not the 3.xx for the 3rd generation uGuru.

afaik latest is ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/u...s/uguru/2.311/

personally, I find it best to setup the 3 user presets as I want & use those rather than the factory preset turbo etc.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    Ah ok, thanks.

Yeah I've been using the profiles option. Got my current standard one which has all fans on slowest/off to use when my PC is just doing the usual stuff, and a gaming profile which puts all the fans to highest speed.

Not yet played around with overclocking yet though, will have to do that some time.

Thanks

Re: Newest uGuru software for AN8-SLI Fatal1ty?

I know that I am resurrecting a VERY old forum topic but it's one that I found while Google'ing my issue and it seems this may help me resolve my issue. I'm not a hard-core hardware geek so please be gentle with me, I will try to explain my issues as best I can. If you need more info to help me diagnose please just ask.

I have an ABIT AV8 with a AMD 3200+ 64 CPU. I recently had issues with my computer not properly booting and mt HDD not even being seen. The only thing that I could this of to help my with issue was to upgrade the BIOS. I updated the BIOS with the latest 6.xx AWARD version which still didn't fix my issue.

Long story short, I had to use a utility I found that would basically hack the MBR, find the HDD's and boot into XP.

That was 4 months ago. Now this weekend I decided to back everything up, reformat my HD and reinstall XP for a fresh start. I pop in my XP CD and set the CMOS to boot from CD. Upon getting the message "Press any key to boot from CD" I press a key and nothing happens, it times out and boots as usual. Researching this issue I came across this board and realized that I may not have the proper BIOS for the motherboard I have. I have the ABIT AV8 with the little GURU chip and my LCD display on the board has the digits with the periods in them, does this mean I need some form of GURU BIOS or something?

Would the above be something that would cause my issue? In a desperate reach for a solution I tried installing Linux and was able to install both CentOS as well as Ubuntu from bootable CD's, even though I can't get XP to install.

Another item I just came to realize is that a problem I any be experiencing is that my XP CD doesn't have SATA drivers installed by default, what do I need to do to get those installed so that my HD's are seen during the initial initial, process?

Thanks

Universal abit > Motherboard, Digital Speakers, iDome, AirPace, Multimedia

Your mobo uses the VIA 8237 southbridge which is very poor at autonegotiating with SATA300 HDDs (in fairness it was developed well before they existed) - if your HDD is a SATA300 type you will need to jumper it to SATA150 mode.

The 8237 is meant to have native SATA recognition iirc but I have a strong suspicion that early production may not have had but that later did (I had an older KV8 Pro which used the same chipset & I recall needing a driver for that).

If you do need a driver then you will need to supply Windows with it using F6 & a floppy when Windows install asks if you need to supply a storage driver.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks

That is exactly what I was afraid of because until the XP install disc installs a few temporary drivers (such as USB) my USB keyboard won't work and the system won't recognize any keystrokes. So hitting F6 does nothing at all. I suspect that the BIOS is at fault for this but I am not certain I can get that fixed...

Thanks

in the BIOS set USB support to by BIOS rather than by OS.

the other way is to slipstream the driver into an install disc.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thread Information