Thread: Whats wrong with my corsa then :D

Thanks

Question Whats wrong with my corsa then :D

Ok, when im accelerating away in any gear, it acts af its its sruggling to get the fuel through. Like very jump, in spurts of power then a kangaroo jump, until it reaches say 60mph then its fine.

It hard to describe but very obvious when ur in it. Think of the classic comedy movie scene when the car is breaks down. ITS LIKE THAT

So what u think
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks

Re: Whats wrong with my corsa then :D

Sounds like it could be your ignition leads, had a very similar problem with my focus. Replaced the HT leads and all was good again.

Basically if there is a bad connection you will get a misfire on one of the cylinders causing what you are feeling but if it is only intemittent it will won't feel like a normal 'misfire' where the car rocks about at idle.

Thanks

Re: Whats wrong with my corsa then :D

ack...old thread.. just realised after posting that you have probably fixed this within the last 2 weeks.. what was it?

More likely its stuggling to get enough air through or putting too much fuel in (possibly why its ok at 60?). Engines are quite happy running very lean, it just burns a lot hotter.

check your vaccume/intake hoses for any leaks. Can be a bloody pita and cause anything from the smallest problem to car not running atall (i.e my saab with one hose missing it would die instantly after starting).

Especially if holding the throttle open helps, or if its anything related to fueling.

the fact that its good after 60mph suggests its not a missfire. is it ok throughout the rev range? i.e 4th/5th gear from 60-90mph? (this will usually help indicate ignition problems)

Thread Information