Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 - Japan

Jay
    Thanks

F1 - Japan

I have to say that I think the stewards are pro Ferrari more then any other season! They penalise Bourdais 25 seconds for Massa running into him and gave Massa the position. Massa should have been black flagged for causing two collisions but instead was given an extra point!

Its a joke and I won't be bothering watching it anymore.

ps

What about Massa's pass on Webber? Was that legal to drive on the red and white part of the track like that?
    Last edited by Jay; 12-10-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    □ΞVΞ□

Banned
    Thanks
    • matty-hodgson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Dark Raider
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 4GHz (59'C Under a TRUE Black)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ DDR2 890MHz (5-4-4-15)
      • Storage:
      • Intel 80GB - Games. Intel 80GB - OS. 1TB Samsung - Storage.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Zotac GTX 275: 728 Core, 1614 Shader, 1340 Memory
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU82+ 625w
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SM2343BW (2048x1152)
      • Internet:
      • Smallworld 4Mbps

Re: F1 - Japan

his nudge on Hamilton at the start of the race was completely out of order!
    he knew exactly what it would do to Lewis' race, yet he still went and done it.. he should have his points stripped for this race at least.

Hamilton trying to screw it up in the last 3 races again?

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Quote Originally Posted by matty-hodgson View Post

Hamilton trying to screw it up in the last 3 races again?
    I hope not. I didn't manage to get up to watch it but it sounds like it was a bit annoying to see.

5 points in it so he can still manage to come second to Massa in both races if either of them bother to win another race this season. It will go to Kubica at this rate.

Jay
    Thanks

Last edited by Jay; 12-10-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    □ΞVΞ□

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just stunned, Hamilton admittedly makes a late brake, but doesn't hit anyone, whereas Massa makes a determined lunge across the corner and drives straight into Hamilton's rear quarter. Contact is bad enough, but you can't drive 'off piste' to do it on purpose! Had Felipe been in a silver car, black flags would have been waving!

Bourdais' penalty is even more ridiculous, he did nothing wrong and gets penalised because a red car ran into him... Ferrari International Aid...
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Jay
    Thanks

yup, it was a black flag situation if you ask me, Massa hit Hamilton and did it to spin him out. The Bourdais situation is really bad, there was nothing he could do, he had the racing line, drove the racing line, never moved from that line and was infront of Massa. Massa cuts in trying to take the courner and trying to overtake Bourdais, Massa can't make it and ends up hitting Bourdais and its Bourdais who gets the 25 second penilty (that can't be appealed) During all this Bourdais has not moved from the racing line at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2u93VT7m2s

oh and the Massa vs Hamilton video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca2SWZ-Dcvk
    Last edited by Jay; 12-10-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

I got up in time to watch the first 15 laps or so then fell asleep again. Was disappointed to say the least with some of the decisions that were made, I don't know the fine details of the rules but something wasn't right there today.

Thanks

Another load of great decision by the race stewards!!!! Sadly I think this is the last season I will bother to watch!!!

Thanks

Oh come on, seriously! What Hamilton did at the start was completely unecessary. He clearly wasn't going to make the corner driving like that but he did it anyway out of frustration. He deserved the bad luck he had today. He really doesn't deserve to win the championship driving like that.

As for Massa and Bourdais. The penalty Massa got was fair. The penalty Bourdais got was debatable. The Massa overtake on Webber was fair imo. Ok, Massa could have gone the long way round but Webber squeezed Massa too much and therefore I think Massa wasn't worthy of a penalty.

Thanks

...wow...what a load of crap that was. What race were the stewards watching? What was Bourdais supposed to do? Drive off the road to let Massa through even though both were racing for position? Bizarre.

Does Kimi still want to drive a Ferrari; he just lost interest during the race. Hamilton...first corner...what is he doing...?

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL

Hamilton deserved no points today and that's what he got, because he made that stupid mistake at the first corner. Even without Massa spinning him he would've been at the back of the pack due to needing to change his front tyres.

Giving the same penalty to Hamilton and Massa doesn't seem quite right, although that's nothing compared to the descision with Bourdais, what were they thinking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    ...wow...what a load of crap that was. What race were the stewards watching? What was Bourdais supposed to do? Drive off the road to let Massa through even though both were racing for position? Bizarre.

Does Kimi still want to drive a Ferrari; he just lost interest during the race. Hamilton...first corner...what is he doing...?
    The didn't show any different angles of the Bourdais/Massa indecent, I'm not sure but I wonder if Bourdais started to spin just before the two of them came together - but like I say I'm not sure, be nice to see some other angles of the indecent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matty-hodgson View Post
    his nudge on Hamilton at the start of the race was completely out of order!
    he knew exactly what it would do to Lewis' race, yet he still went and done it.. he should have his points stripped for this race at least.
    I'm not going to defend Massa. He got a penalty and he fully deserved it. But watch it again. You can see why he did it - Hamilton neither defended the line nor gave room. I'll quote a post I made on another forum.

I'm not saying Massa wouldn't have hit him. I haven't even suggested that. I've said that Lewis put his car in a position that neither defended nor left room. What Lewis did was leave room for indecision in the mind of another driver, so if Massa thought there might have been room (which in that split-second he may have done), then he would have tried to stick his car up the inside. When he realised there wasn't room, he had to go off the track, and still hit Hamilton.

It's 99% Massa's fault, but Lewis's own actions were what caused Massa to do it - leave no gap and Massa wouldn't have even attempted it. Lewis paid the penalty with his own indecision putting indecision in the mind of another driver.

Massa got what he deserved, but if Hamilton doesn't know where to put his own car, then he's going to burn his own and others races from time to time.

All my opinion of course, but I think it's a valid one when you look at the replays. Hamilton didn't do anything wrong in terms of breaking rules, and I'm not trying to imply that, but looking at his own race and situation, he was far from getting it right in that incident.
    I repeat, I'm not defending Massa in the slightest, but I can see why he did it. He just cocked it up, just like Hamilton cocked up the first 2 corners.

Another post, this time on Hamilton's turn 1 manoeuvre.

When you think about it, Hamilton (along with others at other times) could have been given a penalty for gaining an advantage through going off track. He out-braked himself, forced others back, went miles off, stayed on it, and ended up 5 places ahead of the guy he was overtaking. Had he not made a second error in 2 consecutive corners he could well have had a penalty for that. That's a fairly clear 'gaining an advantage'.
    Perhaps it was harsh penalising him for the move itself (I can see why it was penalised though), but there was another offence which went by unnoticed.

The penalty for Bourdais was ludicrous. Utterly ludicrous.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Its a joke and I won't be bothering watching it anymore.
    Welcome to the club.

I lost interest a few years ago, but had just started to find some of it interesting again, until events a couple of races back. At that point, I became militantly disinterested in both F1 and race results. I only found out about this because it came on the Sunday evening news and they'd announced it before I got to the remote to turn over.

Personally, I'll have to (somehow) hear that things have changed radically before I'll ever even give it another chance. Life's too short for me to waste some of it watching what I consider to be such garbage.

Thanks

Its utter rubbish when a sport that is supposed to be fair / equal is always Pro Ferrari...and nothing gets done about it.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Has anyone seen that A1 racing on Sky? it seemed like a good concept but haven't ever seen it to see if it lived up to the expectation!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information