Right, iv got a 1.4 x reg peugeot 306 petrol. first of all i had a problem with the fact that i would start the motor up and it would cut out straght away. I then poked my nose around, cleaned the throttle body, idle controll valve put an actual air filter on cus some spoon who had it before me had just litteraly bodged a cone filter in it place -.-. While doing this i broke the air box where it sits on the breather pipe and then changed the MAP sensor (Manifold absolout pressure) as i belive it is also used as the MAF sensor, (Mass air flow) and this cured the problem.. or so i thought.. now it just cant decide where it wants to idle, iv tried just pushing the breather pipe to the box and make sure there wasn't an air leak there and it didnt chage anything, iv changed the Idle controll valve, the lambda sensor was chaged before i had it. (dont know weather it works though cus the lad was a bodge merchant!). it looks like hes had a play with the throttle possition sensor on the back of the throttle body underneather the Idle controll valve but i really dont have the money to just chuck one on "/. Iv been told by a lad that he had a similar problem and it was something to do with his injectors, and by someone else that he had an air leak in his fuel lines but i dont really know how to test any of this. Any ideas would be helpful thanks