Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclists...

Thanks

Cyclists...

...should all be run down and killed.

You may have heard in traffic reports about the roadworks to fix a gas main on Notting Hill Gate today. To enable pedestrians to get past, I've arranged to open up the end of my road which is adjacent to let people walk past (I'm a security guard there). For almost the entire day, people walking through have been shoved, run down and generally abused by cyclists who cant get off and walk for 20 yards along the pavement. I've shouted myself hoarse to no avail. I managed to get a few Community Support Officers to help out, and they started issuing fixed penalty tickets, but with half an hours paperwork for each ticket, they had a weeks work ahead of them after ten minutes.

Firstly, to all the cyclists who use this forum and obey the law (I remember there was one from last time this came up) I apologise. But you are a worthy sacrifice to get rid of the rest of these selfish, arogant and obnoxious road-users.

And if you have a problem with this, just say so, and I'll tell the next five-year-old girl with grazed knees I pick up off the ground.

Thanks
    you always get inconsiderate arses matey... and I'm all for burning those ones.. but not me.. please.. I don't like hot places

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    I'm a lapsed cyclist (I was, and would still be, a very considerate one) but they're a bloody nightmare round here (Catford) too. Cyclists on the pavement seem to outnumber those on the road about 5 to 1, and most of them seem to think it's your job to get out of their way.

The other day I saw a young guy crash into someone on the pavement. When he complained, instead of apologising, his friend (who was also cycling on the pavement) came back and started abusing the bloke. If anyone tries that with me they'll be greeted with my fist travelling at high velocity, possibly containing a Mini Maglite.

The shame of it all is that no serious cyclist would dream of endangering pedestrians, but they get their reputation tarred by the amateurs.

Rich :¬)

Rob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    and most of them seem to think it's your job to get out of their way.

Shame I'm such a big ugly barstool then isn't it

I ensure they bounce off me into the heaviest oncoming traffic possible. Morons IMO

Thanks
    Today was moped couriers. Two of them decided they could take it to the pavement. Both were turned both away, to a tirade of verbal abuse. I phoned their companies told them the situation and that none of their companies riders would be allowed on the road in future to make deliveries. Hopefully two unemployed couriers. (This is standard practice whenever a delivery person or contractor has issues with any of my guards, I go for the jugular.)

Of course, the sheer number of cyclists makes them the worst offenders. Two more people I saw hit today. I spoke to one CSO who had given 42 fixed penalty tickets in an hour.

Thanks
    What's your setup then TeePee? Guard on a private road or something?

Thanks
    Kind of. I'm head of security for Millionaires Row. About £1.6Bn of Crown property, with a few embassies just to make life interesting. I'm basically a rent-a-cop, although the stakes (and danger money ) are pretty high: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2499619.stm

I should point out that I've only been doing this a few years, and that the security setup is completely different these days. The stable door has been well and truely closed!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    ...should all be run down and killed.
    I cycle quite alot and if I didn't fear being run over and killed ( by drivers with this attitude) then I would use the road alot more. A car has quite alot more protection for the people using it than a bicycle.

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    I cycle to work most days and have been hit by cars on several occasions, luckily only once seriously (broken leg). This is despite me wearing hi-vis clothing, having flashing led lights and high power rechargeable main lights. The cycle paths around here are unusable due to cars parking in them, pedestrians walking in them and their being craftily positioned to pick up the worst pot holes and drains.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibb
    I cycle to work most days and have been hit by cars on several occasions, luckily only once seriously (broken leg). This is despite me wearing hi-vis clothing, having flashing led lights and high power rechargeable main lights. The cycle paths around here are unusable due to cars parking in them, pedestrians walking in them and their being craftily positioned to pick up the worst pot holes and drains.
    It's the same here, people can't use the excuse that we should use cycle paths when they are unusable. If they were policed properly, kept clear, and kept in a good condition we might be more inclined to use them. I invested quite alot of money in a lightweigh alu peugeot racing bike but can't use it because of the condition of the roads.

Thanks
    Hey, I'm the first to support making the roads cyclist friendly. I'd like to see properly set up cycle paths, and cycle lanes policed properly, and if this happened I think we'd see more people on bikes and far less congestion, and a safer time for vunerable road users, including cyclists. But this is no excuse for the general attitude of the cyclists I've encountered this week, and their total contempt for the law and for road safety. I wish it were a minority giving the rest a bad name, but sadly it's roughly 4 out of 5.
    Remember this is also in Central London where everyone is always having a bad day.

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    As it was in London suprised the cab drivers wernt trying to get through as well

Thanks
    My opinions on Taxi drivers are untypable. Scum though they might be, at least cyclists are human.

Thanks
    Most cyclists are okay... but its the ones who think they can stay in the middle of the lane in the centre of Nottingham that do my head in... GET OUT THE WAY, just because your doing 7MPH and doing your bit for the world doesn't give you the right to cause me stress and get in the way :'(

like i say, most are alright... but if your gonna cycle on the roads.. you cant go through red lights :@ just because you havnt got a number plate !

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home
    lol, cyclists, i have to empathise with them tho, as i am a keen one, but now i can drive i can go further and faster albeit more unhealthily! lol!

anywho

too many times i have been cut up by cars, and nearly been squashed against a car, or just them pulling out infront of you so you have to brake! recently one car drove straight at me for fun, while i was in one of those cycle lanes on the road (an old ma it was) and 2 people have opened their doors infront of me nearly buckling my front wheel!

ohhh im mad

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fRostiE
    like i say, most are alright... but if your gonna cycle on the roads.. you cant go through red lights :@ just because you havnt got a number plate !
    Whenever i cycle on the roads I always abide to traffic laws, Just because you haven't got a number plate doesn't mean you can break the law. All my mates who i sometimes ride with also always abide by the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information