Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What would make you drive an EV?

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What would make you drive an EV?

Quote Originally Posted by snedger View Post
    My requirement for 1000+ range is not to drive whilst I am dangerously tired, it's so I can embark on an extended journey e.g. holiday, or long weekend/overnight return trip and not have to think about "where do I top up?".
    I'd already considered future issues with range longer than fossil fuel - when EVs do have an ultra range there will be issues with idiots who only stop when they need to refuel - but you could easily have an aboard computer sending telemetry to the DVLA to give you points on your licence if you exceed a safe journey time threshold (whatever that might be deemed to be).
    But that comes back to Saracen's point earlier, if charge points were standardised (and more widespread) the need for a range of 1000 miles would reduce as the issue of finding a charge point would reduce to no more than that of finding a petrol station. In fact it could become less of an issue as charge points could be installed almost anywhere.

A range of 300 miles with the ootion of a 30 minute charge would certainly make an EV a more attractive proposition for me as a concept. Whether I could afford it is another matter.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Re: What would make you drive an EV?

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Looks like the horrid cross between a Twizzy and a Vandenbrink Carver. Both much cooler looking too.

That said, I still hanker for an EV.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information