Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which dashcam?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Which dashcam?

I would go with a Nextbase, they cost but the FHD is superb on them. They obviously support the rear camera option you want.

It's worth the silly amount. The best perk for me is the magnet charger so you don't have to plug wire in everytime you get in the car.

I have the 422GW

Registered+
    Thanks

I do a lot of driving and just recently bought a Blackvue DR900s, I had a Nextbase previously and got sick and tired of it constantly killing memory cards, I've tried various different brands using High Endurance cards and had nothing but issues with everyone of them in the Nextbase.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Jager's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 iP55 Socket 1156 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Socket LGA1156 8MB L3 Cache Processor
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP Performance Memory modules 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz CL9 Blue
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital Blue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 FTW Signature2 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
      • PSU:
      • OCZ Stealth XStream 600W PSU - SLI Ready ATX2.2 12cm Fan
      • Case:
      • Antec 300 (standard ATX)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG E2240S
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 500mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by adamg View Post
    Blackvue DR900s
    Do you get anything extra with one of those?. Obviously compared to a Nextbase 522GW for example, the Blackvue is over 3x the price. I've heard lots of good things about Blackvue though and would've probably got one if it was a little cheaper.

Also, It's very neat and tidy but what is it like having a dashcam without a screen?. I'm not sure if that's something I wouldn't mind or would hate as I wouldn't know if it was working correctly. I have my screen stay on for 30 seconds then go off so it's not on constantly. Honestly drives me insane driving behind someone and seeing a bright dashcam screen always on or if I'm in someone's passenger seat with it glaring in my face constantly.

Registered+
    Thanks

My vote is for a Viofo A129 Plus Duo. Since it runs 60FPS at 1440p which the more expensive A129 Pro Duo does too but at greater cost. Reason to get the Pro would be for 4k but it can only do that at 30FPS if that matters to anyone. Also has 3 different parking modes, time lapse, low bitrate and motion detection. Can be had for £160 as a nice front and rear dual cam option.

Registered+
    Thanks

I really would like a dash cam, for front and back. but i am worried about it draining the battery as i would like it wired directly to the battery. Has anyone had any issues with the car battery going flat easily? Specially in these Covid times where the car is not used much.

Thanks

I recently bought a Nextbase 622GW for my van and have to say I'm super impressed by just how good it is.

4k video footage is excellent. Go to 1080p and you can go 120Hz super slow motion.

The night footage is excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information