Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NIP loophole confirmed!

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    the thing is if they increase the limit then people will start going over that one and say its safe

say if the limit is 85 people will go 100 its obvisous, and driving at 85 is not safe, imagne gettin a blown tire at that speed ?

or the car in front having to slow down for somthing at 85 it will take to long to stop

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Thanks
    You can be driving at 30mph outside a school at kicking out time in the snow, just cos the limit is 30 doesnt mean doing 30 is safe, speed is dependant on situation, fine I mite drive around above recommended speeds and it mite not be as "safe" but how do u define safe...

Robin Reliant at 70 or me in my car at 90....

Paranoid??? Who Me???
    Thanks
    Originally posted by [GSV]Trig
    Robin Reliant at 70 or me in my car at 90....
    gotta got with the Robin there Trig.. I've heard about your driving

but on a whole, i've got to agree with everything that Zak & Lowe have said...

i've been pulled before now, for 65 in a 50 in Motorway roadworks... it was 11pm, nothing else on the M61, and I was sat in the inside lane (the car I was driving was capable of a hell of a lot more) there was nobody working on the road at the time, and it was the bl**dy speed camera that got me...

If i'd have been pulled by a copper in a car, i'd have held my hands up and taken the slap on the wrist... but the fact is that the camera is unable to determine what speed is safe on the given road conditions... its just a revenue maker... because motorists are an easy target, they get the rough deal..

Thanks
    The rumours about my driving seem to be overstated I think, I dunno u make 1 guy go green n everyone knows about it....

Thanks
    Sorry, but how is you going 90 safer than a reliant robin going 70?

IF you HIT another car at 90, you're gonna do a hell of a lot more damage than at 70, car aside....and a split second of lost concentration at 90 will take you that much further to the car in front, or the tree to one side if your tyre goes.

IMO, doing 85 or so on a proper A-road dual carriageway or motorway is FINE, because if you hit the car in front, speed difference will be 15 or 25 mph, tops.

If you're doing 60 down a single carriageway, get a blow out, and go into another car doing the same speed in the opposite direction, you, and they, are dead. End of.

Ditto round town, 30 + 30 = (drum roll!) 60 mph speed difference, and thats in town centres.

TBH, I think most people, including the police, are happy with motorway speeds of 80 or so. Won't bat an eyelid.

But when there are cars coming in the opposite direction in the next lane, its a totally different story.

As to driving being great, and not dangerous....I'd say two things. I have had 2 accidents, both of which my fault, both of which due to momentary lapses of concentration- 5 seconds ABSOLUTE tops. Remember that guy who killed a person or two because he bent over to get a sweet or something? And video evidence meant they thought he looked away for like one second?? Does that make me a bad driver? Hmm, well, no, because we all have concentration lapses, its just down to blind luck whether we have them at the wrong time, or the right time.

Secondly, whats the most dangerous form of transport? Errr...driving! Most fatalities, most injuries, etc, etc. Personally I do love driving, but have you seen what we're doing to the planet (blah, blah, yeah I know, don't fall asleep)??

Roadbuilding my arse, won't fix a bloody thing. Need to move people closer to their jobs, and have them walk/ride to work....yeah like me, I ride to work now, and feel so much better for it.

Cars are a drain on everything- oil, life, money. Very, very bad, if you ask me. But yeah, I still like going fast coz its fun. Woo! 100 mp/h! Pop, bang, ugh. No more car, no more face. Damn.
    Well Hello!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information