Thread: HX620 Cables Required - No Proof Of Purchase

Registered+
    Thanks

HX620 Cables Required - No Proof Of Purchase

Hi there,

I just bought a PC system second hand which came with the incredible Corsair 620HX power supply. I'm really impressed by it but have just noticed that it hasnt come with all of the cables. I only have 2 SATA power connectors but need an additional one for an extra HD I want to put in.

I've searched for ages trying to find a place I can order the cables from but I now realise that the only place to get a set is from Corsair directly - is that correct?

Brilliant that it's possible to arrange this via this fine forum, but I notice that Corsair require proof of purchase to send out the cables.

Is there anyway around this or is there somewhere where I can order the cables? It's quite dissapointing to face not being able to use my system or this excellent power supply to it's fullest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    James.

Thanks

Re: HX620 Cables Required - No Proof Of Purchase

Go ahead and make your submission using the sticky here. Explain your situation and see if customer service can help you out.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi there Yellowbeard.

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go..

Cheers,
    James.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi SlingShot,

This is a bit of a long shot as I can see that you've not returned to this forum since you posted, but I'm in a similar situation you were/are in and wondered if you managed to get the replacement cables despite not having a proof of purchase?

Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
    Hi SlingShot,

This is a bit of a long shot as I can see that you've not returned to this forum since you posted, but I'm in a similar situation you were/are in and wondered if you managed to get the replacement cables despite not having a proof of purchase?

Thanks.
    Hi there bearbear,

I have this thread on e-mail alert luckily...

I really should have come back to let everyone know how I got on - thanks for the reminder!

Corsair are an awesome company! I submitted the request as laid out in the sticky and had a reply in about 30 minutes I think saying that they would get a pack of cables in the post for me. They then sorted that and sent me a FedEx tracking number. There was an initial problem with paperwork but once I mailed them again they put another set in the post - really cool. Took about 5 days to get to me as the package seemed to cross the entire US.. lol.

Very impressed with their excellent customer support and will certainly be using them again.

Thanks again for the help Yellowbeard and to this great forum.

Registered+
    Thanks

Wow I'm amazed that you actually replied and so quickly too, thank the gods for email alerts

So they actually sent you it despite no proof of purchase? Corsair are indeed awesome for that.

Can I just ask if they charged you at all? The sticky says it's free but I just wanted to make sure. I need almost all the cables as I've misplaced the little bag, I just hope Corsair can provide them for me free of charge

Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Heh, e-mail alerts rock.

Absolutely no charge and sent via FedEx so should be with you in days. I couldn't quite believe how good their service is. They got back to my email within 30 minutes which I don't think I've ever had with a UK company.

My only problem now is that I need some of those rail screws for the HD mounting brackets.. They are half sized ones it seems and not sure where to get some - though hoping I can get them in this Country..

Registered+
    Thanks

That's great news, I'll try and get in contact with them later on and hope that they too won't mind sending me cables without an invoice.

As for the screws I have no idea about that, you could try maplin maybe or a decent hardware store.

Thanks again for the replies, I totally wasn't expecting to even get any

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
    That's great news, I'll try and get in contact with them later on and hope that they too won't mind sending me cables without an invoice.

As for the screws I have no idea about that, you could try maplin maybe or a decent hardware store.

Thanks again for the replies, I totally wasn't expecting to even get any
    Heh heh, no problem at all! I know how desperate it can get when looking into this whole thing.. I searched for hours trying to find a place to get the cables.. Then stumbled on the Hexus thread but didn't think I'd get a reply or any luck with the cables..

You'll definitely be sorted with Corsair.. They didn't mind at all about the proof of purchase and just got things sent out to me. Just be polite and explain the situation and I'm sure they will help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
    Very impressed with their excellent customer support and will certainly be using them again.

Thanks again for the help Yellowbeard and to this great forum.
    Thank you for the excellent feedback!

Thread Information