Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coolermaster Cases

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks

Coolermaster Cases

A few years ago I would visit hardware sites and drool over Cooler Master cases... shining with all their pride and a hefty price tag. As i was a College Student at the time, funds were tight, so i could never afford this shiney flashy Cooler Master case. It's like when you drive to that Mercedes Benz garage and oogle at all the flashy cars in the showroom. As time goes on... if you are dedicated enough, YOU will own that Mercedes Benz that you drooled over a few years earlier. Well... I was one of the lucky ones and managed to own a high percentage of the Cooler Master case range. They were/ARE!!! stunning cases. As you can imagine since I have owned most of them you start to become quite a follower of Cooler Master. Quite sad really... but why look at anything else when you have found the best! and no-one else can compete. Well most of you's will know that Cooler Master have cut most of there range of cases down to a small handful. Most of the cases they still produce are in a budget range. After owning a REAL Cooler Master you would never downgrade to own one of there cases from the budget range. When you visit online retailers to look at the range of Cooler Master cases they stock, and see only a handful of cases available. Its quite shocking how a company which you would imagine to be so successful since they were producing very popular and in demand products would cut a large chunk of their range. I've heard rumours floating about in the past few weeks saying that Cooler Master were only making £30 profit on cases. Which I can quite believe is true. When i used to drool over these cases on retailers websites they were priced in the region of £200. Now that is an amazingly high price for a Case without a PSU, considering you could goto your local computer shop and buy a case WITH a PSU for around £25. Even when the cases were £200.... people were willing to pay it! WHY? You get what you pay for.. people dont mind paying for quality. I didn't when i eventually could afford a Cooler Master. If the case prices didn't drop from £200 to the £130 price mark... would Cooler Master have packed up and concentrated on fan controllers and other small accessories? It's just a damm shame to see most retailers stocking such a small list of Cooler Master cases when they were so successful! They made a damm big mark in IT history and I'll be keeping my Cooler Master 201B for a long long time. (well... until the BTX form factor arrives).
    Last edited by XTR; 15-01-2004 at 04:22 AM.

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

You are feeling sleepy... acidrainy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Amen to that.

I bought mine after the recommendations of a few.
    I had the plastic out hovering over a Lian Li but luckily I was swayed (thanks XTR ).

Sitting here with my 201 now, I feel proud to a member of the Cooler-Master club.

Lian Li, step aside and take a lesson from the best...

You are feeling sleepy... acidrainy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just to add, tell me where-else you can get a finish to craftsmanship like this....

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Quote Originally Posted by acidrainy
    Just to add, tell me where-else you can get a finish to craftsmanship like this....
    Halfords -> Paint

But yeah! Lovely cases, they are... spiffing build quality, sleek (but square!) looks, and shiny as a donut you've just taken a lighter to.

Thanks
    they are very well built and look schweet but in my experience the 201 is pretty turd for cooling,or it could be i had to use loads of sound proofing but thats just what i found

Eccentric Trend setter
    Thanks
    Well I'm the proud owner of two 410s. imo nothing compares, they're so well built

Thanks
    lian li pc75.

Had CM 201 - still got a champagne one upstairs, and i don't like them as much as my lian li. Not the best for cooling, not enough room imo.

Also, im not a fan of that shiny look, i prefer the brushed aluminium look of the lian-li's and some of the older coolermasters. I got to admit though, the coolermaster htpc case looks so damn cool

Thanks
    As one of the first coolermaster owners in the UK you know ure preaching to the converted

I pooped a hammer
    Thanks
    Couldnt agree more, my second coolermaster case just arrived (black widow) and i almost ordered another one last night!

Now got a Original v2 201 and the Black Widow, almost bought a 210-VX1 last night and am considering get a an ATC-500 before they stop making them

Its a shame they went the way they did, but i hope one day theyll be back to their former glory.

And as for 201s being bad for cooling...wth? I doubt you could find a better case for air cooling, if you had said the 210 then id agree.....

Thanks
    Yep, Gordy tried telling me to get a CM when it was only the 200 and 201 avaliable, instead I got a lian-li - stupid me. Two years later I sold it and got a CM200 Had a 210 and a 201BW since but gone back to the the CM200 - they just werent as classy Had it 18 months now and love it.

Btw my p2 server is in my black widow now under my bed rofl

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GT3_GOD
    Yep, Gordy tried telling me to get a CM when it was only the 200 and 201 avaliable, instead I got a lian-li - stupid me. Two years later I sold it and got a CM200 Had a 210 and a 201BW since but gone back to the the CM200 - they just werent as classy Had it 18 months now and love it.

Btw my p2 server is in my black widow now under my bed rofl

/Slaps gt3 for being foolish

Eccentric Trend setter
    Thanks
    Black Widow under you bed GT3??? Are you mad?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burned_Alive
    Couldnt agree more, my second coolermaster case just arrived (black widow) and i almost ordered another one last night!

Now got a Original v2 201 and the Black Widow, almost bought a 210-VX1 last night and am considering get a an ATC-500 before they stop making them

Its a shame they went the way they did, but i hope one day theyll be back to their former glory.

And as for 201s being bad for cooling...wth? I doubt you could find a better case for air cooling, if you had said the 210 then id agree.....
    Burned_Alive were did you get the black widow from, been looking around but unable to find one

XTR, i think you will find the latest coolermater cases are not as good as the older cases, my wavemaster is not on a par with my silver widow, little things like the side panels are very stiff to put on the wavemaster, were as on the silver widow they just slide on easy.

Registered+
    Thanks
    got my black widow sitting in my office ready to be filled with tecnological delights

Thanks
    I love my BW.
    Did consider a Shuttle as the machine goes LANing and had my eye on a Superflower but I'd always wanted a Coolermaster and have not been disappointed. Fully loaded it's not as light as I anticipated but hell it looks good with blue fans everywhere!
    One big frustration though. Cleaning that damn front grill!
    It rocks.
    Vimeous : i7 7700K | 16Gb | ASUS Strix Z270G | GTX1080 | 960 EVO 500GB NVMe | 850 EVO 500GB | TX650W | NZXT S340 Elite | Dell U2713H + 17" | 10 Pro
    Willowin : i7 3570K | 16Gb | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | GTX 660 TI | 2x 1TB 840EVO | Sugo SG05BB-450 | Dell U2713H + 17" | 8.1 Pro
    Svr : X2 4200+ | 2Gb | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | HD6870 | SonicFury | 8x 250Gb (2x RAID10) | 3Ware 9650SE-8LPML | Seasonic 700W | CM Stacker 830 | XP Pro
    NAS : DS1511+ | DX513
    W : Dell Precision T3610 | E5-1650 V2 | 16GB | Quadro K2000 | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8.1 Pro | 2x Dell U2515H

I pooped a hammer
    Thanks
    I got my black widow from ebuyer when they had 6 left in stock, they are now out of stock............

Thread Information