Thread: Need for Speed: Pro Street

Thanks

Need for Speed: Pro Street

with Oblivion done and dusted, i treated myself to a new title, in this case being Pro Street.
    gotta say im quite impressed.
    i read that they want to take the focus of Street Racing but keep the content of custom cars as a player preference which is very admirable BUT who didnt like Underground 1&2 or Carbon . . . . apart from the Government and their buttmunch associates??
    the progression is quite nice in the game, with races separated into multiple catagories and you need to purchase a car for each (basically making so u cant just unlock the Zonda and ruling all the races with it).
    im finding it very enjoyable, especially with the perk of the cars taking damage, so you just cant plough a barrier at 200mph and be dint free
    the gameplay is very easy to pick up and difficulty levels enable the user to govern how much help the computer gives them like: Auto speed, road guides, speed indicators etc.
    the only downside i have come to discover is how many times you have to update the car you use in most of the events, with the exception of Drift and Wheelie drags. for example i have been using a maxed Dodge Viper to do the speed events and have just entered a league where its top speed just isnt enough, neither is the BHP to get the jump on the pack so i FINALLY managed last night to purchase the Lamborghini Murcielago (sp) which means thats one less event update im going to need to upgrade
    very enjoyable racer and has a decient lifespan on it too, not tried the multiplayer yet but im guessing most races are populated by Zonda's . . . .so i'll give it a bash when i get my own

if you have this title and play online - teach me how to race
    PSN at the sig

XBOX: BauerPrime

Thanks

Re: Need for Speed: Pro Street

lol, i laugh at my turok write-up, compared to your lengthy (but well informed reviews), but i was dipping out of work for 5secs.... as for pro street, i have played a few races and wasnt too impressed but then i'd just played burnout so was'nt really giving it a chance, but interesting write-up, i think i'm gonna wait until gran turismo pro.. which got 8/10 in the new offical playstation mag.

Thanks

agreed, the new GT does look pro, i managed to defeat the actual "showdown king" last night which was a complete chore! as when you face the elite 'kings' of each catagory you have to race them like 4 times but the actual 'king' you have to beat him i think it was like 12 times in every type of event . . . . and after spending my saved money on upgrading the Murcielago i had 3 other event types with standard cars which needed improving
    but its finally over and i just need to do the clean up of track records and such for 100% before i school a few kids online

remember: if you lose a race online - it was lag!

Thanks

i got a tad bored last night, only had an our at my missus' house so i decided to make this from The Fast and The Furious, the body mods in NFSPS are not as detailed as Underground but it still does the trick so i did what i could :

post pix of the cars you have modded and lets have a gander at what your making
    (i wanted to decorate my Murcielago but i just cant, lol - it looks perfect in a plain paint so i made another sig in photoshop incase i decide to change it )

Thread Information