Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheapo 2560x1440 27"

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Cheapo 2560x1440 27"

Quote Originally Posted by ixis View Post
    Have there been issues with stuck/dead pixels? I can imagine it would be a nightmare trying to return or replace it

Why would having a courier pick it up and take it to Seoul be any different to Bolton for example? Even with DSR, its very debatable if you or the supplier would pay for the return costs within the UK for a faulty product. No doubt the courier costs are greaterto Korea hence why I'd suggest buying the pixel perfect version .. any deviation in item description will lead ebay to do a full refund.

Here is 276 pages of experience of the qx2710 in its various guises. http://www.overclock.net/t/1374065/k...sung-pls-panel

Note I have the multi-input version and Nvidia control panel at least thinks I have overclocked it to 120Hz if you see the debate on pg275.

I do have 1 complaint though ... damn people have dropped the price $20 in the space of a week or two ... I want a refund

YMMV of course but come on .. not grade A panels, you're lucky if you get a decent panel ... please gents be informed before making such claims.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Quote Originally Posted by andy-w-h View Post
    Maybe the situation has changed since you looked.

At least on ebay for the bigger sellers, a bad screen is one classed as having >5 pixel faults and can be returned. Some vendors I notice break the screen down into sectors and specify a bad screen is one with more than 1 dead pixel in the centre of the screen.

However one can purchase a "pixel perfect" model that have zero dead pixels at additional cost which is what I did.

I suspect that supplier rating on ebay is more critical than quibbling with a customer over whether the screen has 5 or 6 faulty pixels. I certainly picked my supplier based on the number and percentage of positive reviews.
    I am aware of everything you mention, and think our disagreement is perhaps more an issue of language - to me, 5 dead pixels is significant.

But yes, I think the zero dead pixel option makes much more sense. I've got no interest in paying any sum of money for a monitor if it's got dead pixels.

Of course, you can't guarantee that they won't develop later on however, which is why I would only buy a monitor from a seller that provided a zero dead pixel warranty for several years.

As for your last post, are you saying that they are A grade panels? Everything I've seen has shown that they're not.

Registered+
    Thanks

The only thing I've ever read suggested they were "A-" but the same report then said they had no clue the difference between what Apple accepts as an A and the panel they reviewed.

I find myself in no man's land re dead pixels ... I paid for zero and got zero as to me that was a price worth paying, but equally find it hard to argue that 5 pixels in 3.6 million of the buggers is bad. On a 27" monitor, the size of a pixel is so vanishingly small that I wouldn't care I suspect IRL ... if it were a stuck pixel then maybe I would (actually I'm sure I would .. once had a Samsung with a stuck red pixel ... irritated the hell out of me) , but dead (black) nah.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

As you said, I suppose - YMMV. Personally, I know any imperfection would drive me nuts, so if it's £220 for an import vs. £420 for a U2713HM, I'll take the latter. Naturally, the better aesthetics and build quality are also a factor in that.

No doubt the Korean models are fantastic value for money though, no objection to people buying them at all. I would just want anyone buying to be aware of the potential pitfalls - even if they're cheap, £220 is a lot of money to spend on something you ultimately dislike.

Thanks
    • Percy1983's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x + Cooler Master Nepton 140XL
      • Memory:
      • 64GB (4x16GB ) Corsair Vengence 3200mhz @ 3600mhz CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1tb SP US75 Boot + Fast 4tb SP XS70 + Slow Raid 0 4tb (2tbx2) with 100gb NVME cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56 8GB
      • PSU:
      • 875w Thermaltake Toughpower XT
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer UHD x2
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone

Just to update, DHL lost my monitor in Germany for 7 days but found it again and I now have it.

I have the Crossover 27QW and must say I am very impressed.

Got it on ebay for £210 for a pixel perfect one and it is indeed pixel perfect.

Just had my Spyder 4 on it and can confirm it has 100% sRGB (just a little over).

I will say my box did have a stick saying "no dead pixel" so I would say the lottery of the none dead pixel ones means you will get at least one dead pixel as I think the best get sorted quite early on.

Build quality isn't the best I actually had to push one of the corners together, but thats not really a problem.

This mode has no OSD so all I control is back light and the rest is done in drivers.

For back light bleed I see a small amount in one corner but nothing more than I have seen on Apple screens.

In short I have got an absolute bargain, I wouldn't consider paying more for a Dell or Apple display.

Thread Information