So the board comes with four memory slots, 2 for DDR2 and 2 for DDR. I installed a 512mb 400mhz DDR PNY brand stick in the first slot. The computer boots fine and recognizes the 512mb. I put a new memory stick into the 2nd slot which is a 512mb 400mhz DDR GEIL brand stick. My computer wont boot, or give me a beep to tell me anything is wrong. The case lights come on and the fans whiz, but the computer isn't doing anything. I cant' tell if it is POSTing or not. Thats just the first part of the problem.

So I decided to swap out the PNY stick with the new GEIL memory. The computer booted fine with just the GEIL memory, so that stick is fine. I tried to put the PNY into the 2nd slot with the GEIL left in slot 1. The computer wouldn't boot again, same problem. So I took out the GEIL memory and left my PNY in slot 2. I booted the computer and it took forever for Win XP to load. I finally got it to look at my system specs, and my computer was only seeing 64mb. So I guess you can run win XP on 64mb of RAM. I took it out of slot 2 and then put it back into slot 1. BINGO! My computer was running with 512mb again.

I tried to upgrade the BIOS to the most current version, that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas to offer? I am sure this is an obvious mistake or oversight on my part. Please help!