• 550W PPFC PSU 12cm Silent
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster RC-330 V2 Elite Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RC x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ E2200HD 22" + Samsung P2 42" Plasma

Fifa 10 manager mode

Is it just me and my cousin who think some of the features on the manager modes of fifa have got some unnecessary stuff like player contracts and the transfer system can be a pain too. If your going to have these features at least put an assistant on there to sort some of it out, or make a simple or advanced mode... if we wanted all the extra stuff i'll play Football Manager again.

Are we in the minority here?
    Q6600 G0 @ 3.44ghz, Asus P5k Premium WiFi
    4gb XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500, Asus Radeon HD 5770
    LG GGC-H20L BD\HD DVD + 3 DVD Drives, Seagate 500gb
    WD 500gb + 1tb, WinTV-HVR1300, BenQ E2200HD

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Re: Fifa 10 manager mode

Quote Originally Posted by PodgePapin View Post
    Is it just me and my cousin who think some of the features on the manager modes of fifa have got some unnecessary stuff like player contracts and the transfer system can be a pain too. If your going to have these features at least put an assistant on there to sort some of it out, or make a simple or advanced mode... if we wanted all the extra stuff i'll play Football Manager again.

Are we in the minority here?
    Eer, yes you are.

What's the point of having a manager mode if you don't actually manage? That would just be a season mode which iirc Fifa has always had anyway.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • PodgePapin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5k Premium WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 500gb, WD 500gb + 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward Geforce 9600GT 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RC x64
      • Monitor(s):

I just don't see the point in sorting the concracts out mainly, if there was an assistant that sorted them out, i wouldn't care about the rest. The custom tactics, formations and set pieces are a lot better over 09. The only other thing is when you put a bid in for a player, you play a game, they accept or deny. I know its more realistic but i would prefer on option where you bid, then they say yes or no straight away.

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

i do have one huge issue with manager mode.

i bought gael CLichy from arsenal for 6.1mil he is rated pretty good as a left back used him for about 3 games then he disappeared from my team it said on transfers i sold him to real madrid for 6.1mil.

I don't know how this happened as i never agreed to sell him. needless to say my main left back got injured so had to use a crap one for weeks really annoying.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

only one? check this out:

a list of bugs compiled by someone from evo web and this is just for manager mode

1) The Manager Mode freezing bug (where you can’t progress without your console locking up) is still there. One person has suffered from this and noticed that in his last save before this occurs, one of his strikers has no name and next to the form icon it says “-10118”.

2) It has been reported that transfers “lock” altogether after a certain amount of seasons (being linked to a disc problem).

3) All teams below the Premier League have their tactics set to all-70s. Applies to other leagues/teams as well, see Australia, Brazil and others.

4) All assists are credited to the goalkeeper.

5) Players you loan out can be sold by the clubs you loaned them to.

6) Newly signed players vanish from your squad with no warning. They just disappear, and then if you look them up they’re playing for someone else.

7) When trying to sign a second loan player, sometimes I am told by the game that I already have two – when I only have one.

signing two loan players, I then tried to (permanently) sign two free agents, and I’m told I can’t sign them because I “already have two players on loan”.

9) 90% of matches in England are played at night in the rain regardless of stadium choice. I’ve yet to see a match played in the daytime with sunny weather.

10) Seasonal changes don’t seem to affect the weather. So in England, in the summer, you will see rain and even snow with no games being played in sunshine.

11) Signing players is practically impossible, even when offering maximum wages and maximum bonuses, even if you can get their interest level up to 85%+. (Even if you start out as a manager with no reputation, you should be able to sign really poor players with no reputation who aren’t getting first-team football elsewhere.)

12) Signing your own players is just as difficult, regardless of how well the team is doing. They refuse to sign even when you offer the maximum wages allowed. But if you wait until the end of the season, you get the same screen you get in FIFA 09 where you can just tick a box to re-sign a player and they will sign for peanuts! Strange one!

13) The board sack you even if you occupy first place. You can expect to be fired at the mid-way point of the season if you lose a cup game, even if you’re in the top four of the league, especially in the Premier League. Even in the lower leagues, I’ve seen situations where games are won 6-0 every week for months and suddenly you’re fired the moment you draw 1-1.

14) When playing against teams who are better than you, your board always expect you to beat that team. I mostly play as a League 1 team, and if I’m beaten by a Championship or Premier League side I get a board comment that states I was “expected to win the game”, and occasionally you will get the sack for this. This may be because teams aren’t recognised in their correct division; for example, when losing against a team from the league above you, you will occasionally get a message that says you should have done better against “lower league opposition”.

15) The assistant manager, even when turned off, will sometimes swap your players around.

16) The assistant manager AI is terrible. It will choose players with no fitness (10%-20%) to play out of position, over players with 100% fitness who can play in that position. See below for more info.

17) The AI management of other clubs is terrible. Examples; Chelsea play Terry at LB with Cole at CB in the same match, Man Utd play Vidic and Ferdinand as LB/RB with Brown and Evra as CBs in the same match, Giggs gets played at LB occasionally, etc. etc. etc.

1 The effect of form is far too severe. It makes your team go up/down by a whole star rating within a few games, so with a 3 star team you can yoyo to 2 star and weeks later 4 star.

19) The form system seems to be totally random. I can win 2-3 games in a row by 2-3 goals and the form will get worse. A striker can score six goals in a game and his form will DROP!

20) I’ve seen one injury in two seasons; Marcel promised this lack of injuries – and especially this lack of SERIOUS injuries – was fixed for FIFA 10. This is simply not true.

21) Injuries don’t last for a long enough period of time. For example, a hamstring injury should keep a player out for a month – in FIFA 10 it’s a week.

22) When playing in the snow the ball used is white, which is incredibly difficult to see, and you can’t change the ball yourself.

23) Only 5 benched substitutes are allowed in FIFA 10 below the Premier League. All English league and cup competitions now allow 7 substitutes in reality.

24) Friendly games should allow 12 substitutes on the bench (and also you should be allowed to use all 12). Currently it’s restricted to 7 on the bench (with only 3 substitutions allowed).

25) Friendly games include matches against teams in your own division. This doesn’t usually happen in reality.

26) FA Cup games are all played at night when they’re only ever played in the daytime now, including the final.

27) The shortlist was supposed to allow up to 20 players to be stored, but seems to only allow 10 players.

2 The overall rating of a player changes before/during the game. So if one of my strikers has an overall rating of 83 (including his form), when I pause the game and go to Team Management his rating can drop by 10+. What value is actually being used by the game? The pre-game rating or the paused-game rating?

29) Form should never affect physical attributes. For example, a striker who is on hot form wouldn’t see his strength increase.

30) Playing as a League 1/2 team, you have literally no fit players left after 3-5 games of the season. I don’t care how bad your fitness coach is, a group of professional players would have enough players fit to start a game after 3-5 games of the season. (You’re forced to spend £1m to upgrade your fitness coach to a realistic level.)

31) The league table that shows up at the start of each game is never correct (same as FIFA 09). It always shows you in 6th-9th position regardless of whether you’re in the top half or the bottom half of the table, and your opponents are shown in an incorrect position as well.

32) When simming games instead of playing them, two things to note. Firstly, the level of your fitness coach isn’t taken into account, so the players lose 25%-75% more fitness than they should. Secondly, when simming, you actually get to see some injuries! Plus they last for a decent period of time (e.g. metacarpal fracture, player out for four weeks)!

33) When you have a player injured, the game forces you to remove him from your team before going to the pre-game screen. You don't want to remove him from your first-choice team, you want to remove him at the pre-match team management screen, like in FIFA 09. But now you can't do that.

34) Often you are not told why a player has refused to sign for you. No explanation is given on the Negotiation History screen for these players and it seems that they are never permitted to sign for your club, for no apparent reason. You never get an explanation for the affected players.

35) Sometimes when trying to sign a player they’ll say e.g. they get a “bad vibe” from your current players. Try to sign them again next week and they’ll sign for you. Doesn’t make much sense.

36) You can list a player for sale/loan who is garbage, e.g. 42 overall when the rest of the players in your squad/division are 60+, and instantly you get offers from the top teams in your division/country for him. Sometimes even top-flight teams from other countries make an offer; they have no possible reason to loan in a player who is literally twice as bad as any other player they have. It seems that every player you ever list you MUST receive an offer for, even if they are terrible, and it’s always a good team that has no need for a poor player which shows interest.

37) As a manager with a reputation level of half-a-star, you sometimes get comments from the board that “a manager of your calibre should be performing better”.

3You lose respect with the board when losing a game on penalties. You should be given the same increase/decrease you would be given for a draw rather than a win/loss in these circumstances.

39) The leader of the assist list seems to be the player who keeps the most clean sheets.

40) Players who are substituted show no ratings at full-time. So if my striker gets a hat-trick and I substitute him, his rating is blank after the game. (Yet substituted players can receive Man of the Match awards, so a rating must be getting calculated by the game? I presume they’re just not being displayed?)

41) Goals/assists that occur in cup competitions, e.g. the FA Cup, aren’t counted in the player’s statistics.

42) When scouted players are presented to you for purchase, they are always said to play on the opposite side to their preferred foot. For example, a left winger will always be shown to prefer their right foot. Yet if you buy the player, most of the time, they will actually prefer the appropriate foot.

43) Some players will sign for a club and then the next week you’ll get a notice on the transfers screen that they’ve signed for that same club. Again.

44) Some players will sign for a club and then the next week they’ll have signed for somebody else!

45) When searching for players their form ratings are displayed, rather than their actual ratings. This means you have no idea what the player’s actual ratings are.

46) When selling a player, the whole squad gets moved around. Player roles are also moved around.

47) When buying a player, they are given a squad number already in use, and it messes up the squad numbers for the entire team. Why can’t they be given a number that isn’t in use?

4Stadia never fill up with people. I can play a Champions League match against a five-star team and all stands will still have large empty sections.

49) Player search parameters constantly reset when searching for a player. So if you search for e.g. a defender rated 60-70, then you want to search for a midfielder with the same rating, the parameters have been reset meaning you have to input them again.

50) Occasionally the wrong stadium picture is displayed pre-game. For example when playing at the Emirates a picture of (what looked to be) the training ground was displayed.

51) Creating a player (not a Virtual Pro) to sign in your Manager Mode career seems incredibly difficult/buggy. If you create a player and assign him to the free agents pool, the game freezes. If you assign him to a national team, he doesn’t show up as a free agent in Manager Mode. If you assign him to a national team and THEN move him to the free agents pool, you won’t be able to find him anywhere but in the “Created Players” section and you’ll see that his assigned team is referred to as something like "team1932as12309" – you can’t then find this team/player in Manager Mode to sign the player.

52) Commentary gaffes happen every 1-2 games, e.g. “5 minutes to go and they lead 1-0” when it’s 1-1, “I have to say he’s on one of the worst runs of his career” when he’s already scored in the match you’re playing, etc. etc. etc. and also, when playing as your Virtual Pro, you find the commentary refers to you scoring your 20th goal every time you score once you’ve reached that point. So for example when you score your 21st goal the commentator will say it’s your 20th, etc. (not sure if this only applies to Manager Mode or other modes as well).

NEW ONES:

53) People playing as League Two teams (e.g. Bury) are reporting that they are not entered into the English league cup competition.

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

thats alot
    i have played in the sun though and have had no issues buying players i have aimed around the 70-80% interest and signed all players i tried for quaresma angel di maria gael clichy (who vanished to another squad) youri guarceff

ahd the commentary gaff against arsenal second leg semi final league cup 4-0 and the commentator went "all square at the end now for extra time"

and i have resigned quaresma every week of the transfer window.

my main one was clichy cost me 6 mil and i never got the money back when he moved.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • PodgePapin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5k Premium WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RC x64
      • Monitor(s):

Although my issue isn't bug related (yet), I didn't know of all those bugs, that just makes it funnier. Thats EA for you though, i can't recall a single EA game that Doesn't have bugs in it somewhere... everything they do has them. Don't they believe in bug testing.

Thanks

Argh - right then, here's na nnew bug; in Virtual Pro, I play as a RMA (attacking right midfielder) so why does he play on the left? Or, 60 minutes into the game, the directional chevrons point to the right side of the pitch?

It seems that someone from EA doesn't know their left from their right!

Dale
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Registered+
    Thanks

I've also notice that no matter what amount you offer a club for a player they accept. I just bought a player for like 3mil when he was worth 7 and he wasn't on the transfer list.

Registered+
    Thanks

i aslo found the same problem j.o.s.h1408 was saying about resigning a player, they don't want to sign for the club for e.g. yesterday i tried to resign s. Watt to arsenal but he does'nt want to sign despite giving the maximum wage im allowed to give

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by khalabuth View Post
    i aslo found the same problem j.o.s.h1408 was saying about resigning a player, they don't want to sign for the club for e.g. yesterday i tried to resign s. Watt to arsenal but he does'nt want to sign despite giving the maximum wage im allowed to give
    same problem here but when season ended it gave the option ter re-sign all out of contract players automatically and it did. i was fuming before that point as dirk kuyt was gonna walk away from my club on a free and was worth 11 mil and my top scorer over a season.

Thanks
    • Krakkenbus's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55-GD65
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 @ 3.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB G.skill Ripjaw
      • Storage:
      • 6TB+
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB 6950
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty 620W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cosmos
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2xSamsung 22"
      • Internet:
      • FTTC @ 50 Mb/s

Just completed my first season in manager mode, the entire team of the season was my players and I got bother player awards, failstick

Thanks
    • fezfezed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon X2 3800
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair DDR1
      • Storage:
      • Seagate SATA2 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Xclio 550
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP/ Linux Mint 6
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22"
      • Internet:
      • 20Mb Virgin Media

Ive played 3 seasons with Schalke now and the ratings system for both players and managers annoy me. Despite winning the league, and Champs league 3 times in a row I am still rated as a 1/2 star manager. When I win matches I used to get rep points, now I get nothing. I lost -25 points once against for loosing the DFB semi against Dortmund and gained only +8 for doing the league and european double.

The player form thing is annoying as it should not change the players skill and physical attributes. Certain players I cannot sign for the life of me. I get no description, and these are not established players. Eden Hazard, Dzudazeck, Steven Defour, Bliase Matuidi, Mahmadu Sakho, Axel Witsel aka young players, I have found out that I cannot sign. I enjoyed manager mode in FIFA09 but this one gets frustrating at times.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Stupid question I know (I haven't played FIFA since 2001), but how do you buy players in manager mode?

I could find the transfer list, but couldn't just look for any player I wanted who wasn't up for sale.

Thanks
    • Krakkenbus's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55-GD65
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 @ 3.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB G.skill Ripjaw
      • Storage:
      • 6TB+
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB 6950
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty 620W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cosmos
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2xSamsung 22"
      • Internet:
      • FTTC @ 50 Mb/s

GAWD, just completed my (4th?) season. Apparently my club budget is -£2,147,483,640 and my wage budget is -£285,200

GOOD GAME SIR

Registered+
    Thanks
    • PodgePapin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5k Premium WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RC x64
      • Monitor(s):

Its now getting on my nearves so much, I play a match yesterday and after i won it crashed, I've come to play it just so i loaded my game, its crashed 3 more times in the menu and i've lost 2 players from my team... what a load of poop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information