Thread: McRae 2005

Thanks

McRae 2005

I did mention it a little while ago in another post so I thought it would be a good idea to back up my claim that is was due out soon.

"The best rally game ever - Autumn 2004." If Codemasters' new trailer for Colin McRae Rally 2005 is to be believed, we're only one season away from experiencing the finest bout of high-speed car-dirtying action yet seen on PS2.

The movie demonstrates yet another graphical leap for the series which, as fans of McRae 04 will no doubt testify, is no mean feat. Aside from featuring vehicles that are becoming increasingly indiscernible from their real-life counterparts, the game's new stages (some of which are now on German soil, in addition to the eight existing locations) now benefit from interactive scenery.

Misjudge a turn and fly into a tree, and the oversized shrub will shake on impact, losing a few leaves in the process. Such collisions will also impact your driver's vision, blurring your view temporarily and leaving the opportunity for a subsequent crash wide open. The already superb damage engine has also been improved; even the lightest of touches can now scrape away the paintwork.

As for the game itself, the core championship mode has now taken second billing to a multi-discipline career challenge. Rather than jumping straight into a full professional rally season, you'll now have to earn your stripes, beginning in the lower leagues of club rallying and gradually working your way up through a mammoth 300 stages of competition. The 4WD championship is still available if you don't want to get there the hard way, though.

The mainstay modes - single rallies, racing individual stages - remain, but sociable drivers will be pleased to learn that McRae 2005 now allows for online rallies with up to eight competing players. Codemasters knows its rallying games, but with the next WRC title and SCi's new Richard Burns Rally also visible in our rear view mirrors, it'll be interesting to see if it can substantiate its bold claims.
    Link to the page with trailer here:

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsS...S&linktype=NT3

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro

Wowser, that's looking pretty damned fine!

Just goes to show that there's still life in the old dog yet
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Registered+
    Thanks
    Reckon it's worth getting a Logitech Momo Wheel for games like these?

GTR has me drooling at the prospect! But it's quite pricey and I'll have to wait a coupleaweeks :|

Al

Thanks
    Thats impressive! Hope it comes out to PC as well

Momo wheel is excellent just got mine yesterday Better build quality than my microsoft wheel and the stick shift rocks!

Just trying to get the settings correct now
    .: Predator :.

- Shuttle SN25P - A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.7GHz - 1GB PQI Ultra DDR - X850XT - Asus DVD-ROM - 200GB Maxtor + 2*80GB SATAII -

Thanks
    Imo, its an easy game to play, just keep crashing out and you'll get there in the end!

Thread Information