Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games youd be tempted to buy a new system for ?

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Games youd be tempted to buy a new system for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville View Post
    Can't say I see the attraction of that game personally but I bought a brand new widescreen T.V back in the day for the release of Metal Gear Solid 2, after I bought a PS2 pretty much soley for Gran Turismo 3..

Actually, that's something of a pattern for me with Sony hardware as I picked up a PS3 pretty much exclusively for GT5 and MGS4 and they're the only games I've kept around for it. Even the Uncharted games and other big exclusives have been traded back in at GAME over the years, Heavy Rain and the Shadow of the Colossus/ICO bundle are the only other two others that still remain.

Those might seem like small, almost silly reasons to shell out £300 on a console but Sony have a great knack for releasing tech that fills a percieved gap in my home entertainment system just as it begins to develop... As the owner of a smartphone I could never justify something like an iPod Touch for one game, but £300 on a dvd player that also lets me be Solid Snake from time to time or £400 on a Bluray player that does the same has never been a huge leap for me as a gamer though, so I do see where you're coming from.
    tbh Its rare i get urges to compulsively buy but I do have my moments for various reasons - but not really in a long time due to issues with hands / controls mainly and also just a sense of seen it before..

I liked that crow game mainly because I have real love of games where you can fly low enough to see landscape and characters ( call me a voyeur )

Flight sims dont do this and even on games like pilot wings u dont see characters so for me its rare , in fact the only time i can think of it was the batride in WOW when i had it on trial ( of course couldnt be arsed grinding for 40 lvs )

so thats what hooked me .

if you had game where u could fight land 2 air i.e. above treeline ( even through trees ) with characters ( esp at night ) id be sold .

I like the look of apples screens but im not a big mobile user ( for obvious reason im housebound )
    so iphone is pointless - ipad 2 much plus the touch controls might be easier on my hands - not sure.

Thinking of trying one through amazon Vita memory card is right rip off imo and then i suppose theres others things like android.

Why oh Why is there no gamepads or whatever where u can just hold the button down and it repeats at regular speed ???

Im not asking for turbo or some cheat the FPS fanboy club can get snotty about- ugh

m

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

I don't get temppted to buy a new system as things are widely available on Pc or Xbox.

Still play Sensible Soccer which is available on the Arcade market of Xbox Marketplace; one of the best football games I've ever played! [Just a shame they don't have licensing for the names etc]

Hooked on Minecraft on the PC and thats it.

Rather tempted to buy the release of MGS for the Xbox however.

Banned
    Thanks

I think this might sway some people to mobile gaming too.

m

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information