Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Online Community Experience - Shoutout to Elite: Dangerous Fuel Rats!

Thanks

Re: Great Online Community Experience - Shoutout to Elite: Dangerous Fuel Rats!

Yeah I get ya, but, the problem is with Elite that some people want to play game until they complete it, with Elite, you can't really, there's always something to do, which makes it more realistic (not that I've flown about in space, but you get the idea) but it gets dull..

Maybe a load of us should all get on at the same time and see if it's better if there's a load of you and its more sociable?

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Yeah that's part of the problem, there's a lot of grind, but how else would they do it, if you just paid for stuff with real money or in-game money then loads would have it, but those that don't then have a disadvantage, it sucks either way...
    I generally don't bother playing with other people enabled. I so rarely saw someone else anyway, it was pointless.
    But regardless of that, needing an Engineered ship just to cope with NPCs just adds even more grind to an already heavily grindy game. I ground constantly for many many days to earn the scrip for each ship I own, to the point where I was falling asleep at the stick trying to get another cargo run in.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Yeah that's part of the problem, there's a lot of grind, but how else would they do it
    Put upgrades behind story-based missions and get rid of engineer materials.

Thanks

Given you have the ability to move people around, and have 'crew' in your ship, you could also have the option to find random people who want to be part of your crew that are also kick ass engineers or something like that, so that NPC becomes a crew and also tweaks the ship, could be another option...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    I too was rescued by the fuel rats, who then kindly explained fuel scoops and how to use them.

Had the game for years and not tried PVP yet, I really should...
    So I decided to try my hand at combat. I went through a couple of the training scenarios which helped me get a feel for what works. At first I couldn't find any way to not have someone behind me all the time and then I realised I had my thrusters on full the whole time. Slowly I started to remember about matching speed with the target and once I made those adjustments and started to manage my speed it became easier. I also realised that the targeting reticule that leads the ship isn't accurate, at least when it comes to lasers. I have to pretty much aim right at the target and only use the reticule to more easily judge target direction and speed. That helped immensely in hitting the target to bring down lasers.

The training instances were easy enough, and I tried my first combat missions. I found that while I could keep on top of my target and bring down their shields easily enough, I struggled to damage their hulls with my cannon and they often jumped out of combat and ran. I suspect I'm still missing something on that front, but I found a work around in equipping homing missiles. Right now I have missiles on one hardpoint and a multi cannon on the other. The missiles are nice and easy to use. I still think I'm either missing with the cannon or else it just takes forever to do damage.

Either way, my confidence in combat is growing.

I eventually tried a low level massacre mission but that was way too difficult. Too many ships to account for, and the NPC allies weren't great, at least, as far as I could tell. I'm just beginning though, there may be some tactics I need to learn.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information