Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome gaming moments...

Ravens Nest
    The first time i played thief, the adrenaline rush from hiding in the shadows and accidentally making some noise, having the guards
    saying 'whos there?' or 'whats that noise?'.

And freezing in the corner hoping i would not be discovered!

Or playing Worms with all your friends round, taking turns trying to kill one another, getting a double whammy by killing two of there worms by throwing a grenade and that hits one of them and disturbs a mine which falls on that worm, this moves that worms into the other one, the explosion from the first worm dying blows the other one into the water.

Playing Stunt car racer via serial cable on the amiga with your friends, knocking them off the ramp

Originally posted by |SilentDeath|
    systemshock 2, when i relised i was to scared to play it any longer :O !!!
    then i lost my save in a random accident and not i cba to play it.. :'(
    That was the most scary game i have ever played, when you have a zombie running towards you screaming 'KILL ME!' and all you have is a wrench!! pooped my pants..

SilentDeath, did you know there is a update for it, which includes much better graphics?
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aube...ck_rebirth.htm
    You wont sleep at night if you update it to these graphics

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    For me it has to be on AvP2 the first few levels as the marine where its all quiet except for the odd glimpse of something then you reactivate a generator and start hearing a thud behind you, turn round and lo and behold Aliens smashing their way through the vent.

Also on Res Evil, if you start as the bloke. It takes a good while before you get into the room with the statue with the map (playing as the woman has instant access because of the lock pick, Blue door on right at start) When you finally get there and go into the corridor past the room where the dogs jump through the windows after its all been quiet, frightens the crap out of you.

The very last scene on Mafia where you are fighting Sam in the museum. You take him out and the cut scene that follows is awesome as you're character just leaves him there dying and walks out. Superb !!!

System shock 2 as already stated when you open the door and the zombie comes out at you.

The adrenaline rush on the very first level of the first hitman as you position youself to take out the guy on the roof and zoom in and take his head off then casually make you way out without even being spotted.

Thanks
    Atari ST

Fighter Bomber by Activision

The first flight sim to blow me away - flying around Mt Rushmore and air-air refueling

Gran Tourismo PS1 - First lap in a GTO Twin-turbo - WOW

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Grand Theft Auto, Quake and Duke Nukem 3D - linking up a P100 desktop and a P120 Laptop via serial cable and playing deathmatches with a mate. Absoutlely amazing fun, got me into multiplayer gaming outside of gaming consoles etc.

Burning Rangers on the Saturn - completing the last stage after being stuck on it for seriously more than a month. I had some kind of mental block or something - the stage was really easy, I just couldn't do it.

The first time I played Ultima Online - I just ran around doing nothing.. running between towns getting killed by PKs everytime I left the guardzone, attacking rats and running away so I wouldn't die. I ended up quitting for 6 months after my free month ended - played for 5 years and sold my accounts for £200.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    I'm getting old, cops my Golden Gaming Moments are thinning recently....too much to do in life and nowhere near enough gaming time

So.....casting my mind back......way way back.....(hehe)

I gotta agree with the T Rex in Tomb Raider....having just nailed a little one that scared the pants of me and Lara.....there's this MONSTER

Severance Blade of Darkness......not the killing, good as it was...simply the excitement at finding a hidden switch, watching the pool drain away,and the hidden steps lower into the unknown dark cavern.,...and then the music starting as I decend into hell

The Ninjas in Half Life....with no Aim assistance on.

But best, is recent....being chased in my 190, by a P39, and getting very very low and going full tilt (500 ish) over a hillock, only to barrel roll inverred and pullin back on the joystick to get me over the hill, inverted and down into a valley that I know is deep....and seeing the "[MA]Zak33 has downed blokey" cos I hit hit ages ago with a shell and since then he's made my life hell, and I cant shake him....until he tries to follow me upside down into that valley

But THOSE moments are so so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Hehe know that feeling Zak....

Another one for me is winning the Silverstone GP (full length ) in GPL, and the power slide where I so nearly lost it on the last corner - cos of that monster slide I only finished by half a car length in front of second place... phew.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Yes, for my sins I'm offically Zak33's *better* half... Sair33's Avatar
    Thanks
    The first time you hear the very atmospheric music in Tomb Raider when something bad is about to happen! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!!!

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.... It was them that started me drinking.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    first time playing AvP as a marine & getting hit by a facehugger - screamed my head off & nearly fell off my chair - nearly put me off the whole game it scared me so bad....i completed the entire game in the other modes long before daring to venture back to the marine & give it another try & then spent all my time on the edge of my seat in case there were more of the little blighters

playing quake with a housemate & getting to the final level at 2am - i had to get up for work at 7am, obviously decided to go for it & eventually finishing it at 4ish, such a buzz when we (completely by accident) worked out how to kill it
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    Originally posted by TomWilko
    Tomb Raider Original when the T-Rex pops round the corner from behind the dark background, my jaw hit the floor and was shocked for the rest of the day!
    That was sooo scary, i was the only 1 in my family who was gd at the game. Ran forward not a care in the world and suddenly "that music" came on and the screen started shaking. Me, my dad, my bro and my mum all jumped and screamed.

Out of pure fear pulled out my pistols, and started back flipping like a crazy man. Was all over the place, heart racing and family screaming. When he finally fell, dad was still screaming. I kept shooting it even tho it was dead. Such a gr8 moment.

The music in the first tomb raider was sooo scary, almost s**ty myself every time it came on. If you haven't experienced it, buy it and play it.

Ben

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    How about the beach storming level on MOH AA, truely immense right from landing to getting into the trench

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    I had a superb moment in BF1942 the other day, playing Bocage. There's a low bridge near one of the bases. I was in a Mustang flying behind a BF109, caning it's behind. In an effort to get me off his tail the guy in the 109 aimed for the bridge in an attempt to fly under it. He missed, hitting the bridge. I manage to nail the manouver, flying under the bridge, through his explosion and out into daylight. It was probably the most exhilarating moment I remember in an online game; truely superb.

Playing elite on the BBC, the first time you got lost in "Witch Space" and attacked by a load of Thargoids and Thargons. Top stuff.

I have to agree with peeps that GTA3 and GTA:VC has a load of cool moments. Just cruising around in a tasty motor or having a mental car chase when some top music comes on the radio is hard to beat...
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Originally posted by Ferral
    How about the beach storming level on MOH AA, truely immense right from landing to getting into the trench
    I loved that level it was so intense, when you run out of the boats and all the bullets are spraying past you and you have to take cover and use the bangalores to blow a bunker up. Probably one of the best bits in the game and best bit on any pc game ive ever played.

Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Having a Quick Multiplayer game of tiberian sun at my mates work one evening...,.... and walking out at dawn (having whooped his butt!)

Playing AVP in a dark room as a marine - I pooped it and realised it was just to damn scarey for me!

Thanks
    My best buzz was when I made Wizard in a Mud!

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Looking up this vent in AvP and getting face hugged for the first time at 3am, having to turn the PC off immediately due to paranoid dillusions.....never sleeping with the light off again etc...

Wining two BF1942 tournys by miles, winning the worldcup of Planetarion by the biggest ever margin.

First time meeting marines in Halflife, Pulling off a decent manoeuver in Il2 to get any kill or get out of trouble.

Doing some missions in GTA VC with 1 second to spare.

So many more... that i'd think of shortly....

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Originally posted by TiG
    winning the worldcup of Planetarion by the biggest ever margin.
    I think someone needs 2 get out more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information