Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 Crash to Desktop Pos Solution

Thanks
    Ive just started playing this. Had a crash during game. SO decided to put patch on. Now goes wont launch, just goes to desktop.

Typical EA buggy game. Will go back to CS for while.

Thanks
    I had this problem, and fixed it. How? I got a shiny new Seasonic 600w PSU.

Rock solid stable now.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nimo_253
    Fixed
    The pagefile (virtual memory, swap file) needed to be deleted then recreated. If you dont know how to change the pagefile settings google it. This will give you more hours in without any crashes or video lag.
    got any more info on this mate, i have the same prob

Thanks
    I unintsalled then reinstalled and applied th epatch and it was OK for me.

Thanks
    I have played this game since last October, never had a single problem, that's until I downloaded v1.3, what a mess they have made, click join " it ctd ", get into a game goes good untill the next round than I get a "Your connection to the server has been lost" and goes back to the server list, does not crash though, anyhow the main reason for this message is to maybe ? help everyone who is getting totally you know what, like I have been for the last week, ready to go off my nut, I really hope this helps.
    When you first go to play a game you have to click join, chances for me was 50 - 50 of a ctd, if or once you get into a game and it finishes and is ready to start the next round DO NOT PRESS JOIN, let the computer load itself into the next game, takes a little longer to do all you have to do than is choose your weapon etc, and press done, I have not been able to play many maps, until tonight I tried this out and ended up playing 14 games without a clitch or ctd, made my night will sleep in peace, let me know if this works for you. does this mean that there is a problem only when you click on the join button.
    Spiderman60

Thanks
    This damn CTD is pissing me off beyond no belief. Not only that but first of all:

I have to connect to the logon server it takes 10 freaking minutes to login. Then the multiplayer interface for finding games is junk and it is so stupid you can't even sort your favorites by ping. Then it takes FOREVER to connect & load the map, then 5 minutes later it loaded the map and is verifying client information, the join box pops up and I click Connect and BOOM CTD.

Pentium 4 3ghz
    1 gig Corsair TwinX 400 DDR
    ati 9800XT
    Mobo: Abit IC7G Seagate SATA HD

Thanks
    mine also suffers this crashing crap, sometimes its ok for hours and then maybe for 20mins, every2-3mins it drops to the desktop and simple Alt + Tab brings it back up. Very werid.

all my system parts are fine and the system is getting enough power 580 PSU and a GeForce 6800Ultra./ My mate has a 6600 GT and suffers the same problem. Its down to EA in my opinion. They rush the games out to market far to fast with giving them a real good test.

dam fools, it can only hurt them in the long run

Thanks
    but only if we all boycott bf2......which obviously isnt going to happen (I know i'm sure as hell not going to )

Thanks
    • NightshadowUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87M GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4790K [Macho Rev.B]
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 [240GB] & MX500 [1TB]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • 620W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08B-E [AP181 & NF-S12B]
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home [64bit]
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb
    Crashing to desktop can be the result of overclocking (CPU and/or graphics card) but at the moment, I think it's just v1.3.

Thanks
    Thanks for the tips, will try it out

Thanks

hmm

Markjb you saved the day for me -- when the Join Game box appears in the lower right hand corner WAIT an extra minute or two. I have been trying that and so far no more crashes. Only sometimes I forget and click Join right away and then BAM CTD

Thanks

Crash,crash,crash....just like womans driving.

It seems to me that battlefield crashes to desktop a lot,i have been working out in my investigation trying to solve this riddle,but has i seem i have tried everything,from the easiest way to the hard way.Now i havent found any solution yet,just some "maybe" but nothing conclusive,i need to know if theres someone that really know an official patch that fixes this "bug" lets call it,im getting tired of seing my money ,isnt a very good view.

Now,i ve tried each one of the official patches from BF2 official page and none of them has worked for me till now.I really need help with this one i have tried thousands of utilities with or without spywares and none of them work,now,someone says "Yeah just turn off the HT option in your BIOS" and i say why would i do that that its just wasting some good resources of your CPU,others say "Ok its the memory,blah blah blah dual channel,blah blah" ok i have already tried any kind of configurations with my system memory i even tried with another memory from another computer and none results.

My last guess was and overheat in the procesor so i went and buy a Coolermaster Eclipse With Turbine for the procesor and a DataStor USCTXX 5.25" Dual Fan System Cooling Tray for helping the videocard cooler and i said ok make those 70 dlls be worth it,and guess what....C...T...D.

Now im out of fresh ideas i need help with some new ideas because the ones posted here didnt work for me.

And i tought that playing Elder Scrolls:Oblivion was a challenge for mi pc

Thanks
    If everything else is working fine I suggest a complete uninstall of BF2...

Then re-install and update with the latest patch, not all the previous versions, just the latest one.

See how you get on from there.

IL2 was a nightmare to patch as there were so many that had to be installed in a specific order, depending on how you installed the game, so this could be a factor with BF2 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks

bf2 crashing

i have the same problem, BF2 crashing to desktop. Ive noticed in my case it only crashes when moving fast; in aeroplanes, or vehicals. i have all the latest drivers and my hardware is definately not the fault.
    amd x2 4400+,
    GeForce 7300 LE (i fixed the nv4_disp problem) !
    1gb ram
    250gb HD
    its a Dell pc bought 3 days ago so i guess it has a dell motherboard.
    so, it leaves the internet to be the last possible reason. [i think]
    i run xfire with Bf2 on a wireless belkin 1mb internet speed.
    which i conclude that my internet speed isnt fast enough to recieve enough packets from the BF2 server.
    i really do hope this is the problem otherwise i dont know what else there is to check.
    im currently switching over to cable internet directly from the modem which should help sercure the connection and speed on the net.

hope this helps if your in the same situation!
    if you have any ideas of what else it could be post a msg!

Thanks
    For me, this problem of CTD only happens when I attempt to load a custom map. Otherwise, my game runs beautifully. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Battlefield 2 Crash to Desktop Pos Solution

Members are required to have a minimum of 5 posts before they can post any URL's so here is the first one

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information