Thread: Our CS:S Clan IRC Channel

Thanks

Our CS:S Clan IRC Channel

We would like as many people in our hexus CS:S clan IRC room as possible - even if you're not actually in the clan. For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a chat network, allowing lots of people who share a common interest to talk together. I'm going to explain how to use it using mIRC (a client) as an example. There are other clients to choose from, but this is the most popular.

1. Get an IRC client. Go to http://www.mirc.co.uk/ to download one.

2. Go to file -> select server -> then choose "Quakenet" from the network list and click OK.

3. In the text box at the bottom, type "/j #hexus.cs" to join our IRC channel. There are loads of other channel you may also be interested in - #hexus.net is also a good one .

4. To join that channel everytime you join quakenet, go tools -> options -> connect -> options -> perform. Here you put in all the commands that you want mIRC to run when a certain network is joined. Add Quakenet to the network list, then put "/j hexus.cs" into the text box. It also helps if you join Quakenet automatically when you start mIRC.

5. It's also a good idea to make it so that when someone in IRC says your name, it notifies you in some way. That way, if someone wants you, they don't get ignored . Go tools -> options -> IRC -> highlight -> add. Then enter your name in the box and how you want to be notified.

6. This bit's for clan members only. To make L (a bot in the channel) auto op you (give you admin powers) on the channel, you need to get a Q account. Say hello to Q, then change your password to one you remember, making sure that each time you put a commend into mIRC that you start it with a slash (/), or you might give your password out to the rest of the channel.

7. Finally, you need to get AUTHed. Simply put the command on that site into your perform in options putting in your correct username and password. Once you've been AUTHed, tell someone who is opped, and they'll try to finish the process .

I find it best to make mIRC automatically start whenever you start you computer. That was so long as you've set it to automatically join a network and a channel, you'll always be on IRC when you're on your PC. It means we can reach people far more easier if we need to.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, just ask .
    Last edited by ajbrun; 07-09-2005 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks
    Bumpity... for various reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Hummm, seemed I set up my Q account in 2004 and never AUTH'd it or chaged the password...

Worse yet I cant access my old email address as the domain has expired (could go and register it... in fact I might)
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Un-Official HEXUS CS:S Clan Member/ajbruns man! Daymonkey's Avatar
    Thanks
    ajbrun makes the clan channel a better place, i do not lie he says at least one hilarious thing a day

Irc Channels To Join(Quakenet), #hexus.cs, #hexus.net

Thanks
    *bows*

Well at least someone thinks I'm funney .

Thread Information