Thread: HEXUS.gaming :: Review : Call Of Duty 2 - PC

Thanks

HEXUS.gaming :: Review : Call Of Duty 2 - PC

We take Call Of Duty 2 to the HEXUS.gaming boot camp and put it through it's paces...

This time around there’s much more house to house fighting and a very slightly less linear approach to each mission… Well, you have a bit more freedom in places to try a different route, perhaps nipping round the other side of a building to flank the enemy, but it’s still very much the same streets all neatly barricaded to force you along a particular path.

Read the full review on HEXUS.gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    nice review, hoping to bhuy this soon. Im surprised about people saying the demo was a system hog, it ran fine at 1280x1024 with high settings on my system which isnt exactly hardcore

Thanks
    Speaking to a couple of industry guys, the full retail game has had a few tweaks, but also the latest NVIDIA drivers help things run smoother too.

But don't expect to see anything new here other than a refinement of Call Of Duty's gameplay...
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    I hate, it it's game crime, it's horrible. Where do i start?

-The weapons are aweful. You can't hit a barn door with the rifles, they look pathetic compared to COD and UO, and they sound crappier as well.

-The game has been optimized by Stevie Wonder. I can't even run 1600x1200, nothing else on, i have to run 1280. That's pathetic, and even at 1280, it's slowish. And before you start my system is fine.

-The health system is seriously anoying and crap. How is it more realistic? it's horrible, it's such a crappy Halo console idea. Recharging health? Im not a robot.

-I couldn't walk 10 feet without a grenede going off. I tryed it on hardest and it was stupid, the Germans never miss, you get shot, and if gives you headache and you can't. The game is just that, a game, it's supposed to be fun. I found myself getting really really anoyed whilst trying to play it.

-There is no ranking system like UO, and the sniper hold breath thing, is crap, and other small things taken out of MP.

Basically it's horrible, just hororible. I wasted 27quid on it, and now im selling it straight away. Im tryed to give it a chance, but it's just complete rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish.

Iam such a massive fan of COD and UO, but they have butcherd it. Ive played over 200hours of UO at least online.

Thanks
    maybe it is a game that favours Ati cards. My overclocked x800pro runs it peachy at 1280x1024

Thanks
    I doubt it, seeing as it's part of NVIDIA's 'The Way Its Meant To Be Played' program.

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    It's gonna need a patch. The health system is poor and only on the harder levels make it a better option. But then, you play COD or UO on veteran and there are no health packs. Ya gets what ya brung and that's it. The Germans seem harder to kill. maybe they have the same health system? But there are some nice touches there. As stated on another thread, a double tap to the forehead sorts them out.

My other criticism is that after the previews I was expecting a more Farcryesque freedom of movement. Though some of the levels did move towards this it was still short of what I was hoping to see.

That said, I loved it anyway. The graphics and audio were great. The fighting was more intense. The feeling of being part of something bigger ran through most of the missions. The AI was pretty good too. A few tweaks and it will be great.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thread Information