Thread: HEXUS.gaming :: Review : F.E.A.R.

Thanks

HEXUS.gaming :: Review : F.E.A.R.

Is it scary? Is it spooky? Is it any good?

We take First Encounter Assualt Recon, better known as F.E.A.R. and put it through the HEXUS.gaming review mill...

So, is it any good? You'll have to read the HEXUS.gaming Review to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Mostly agree with that, Nick. Yes, the eye-candy is up there with the best. Yes, the AI is great (loved the fact that when you've taken out most of a squad they shout for reinforcements, and tye way a squads' combat0 effectiveness lessens if you take out the squad leader). Pretty scaey too, although personally found it more 'jumpy-scare', like the way it gets all dark and quiet and then...holy crap! A mutilated body smashes through a window in front of you!

BUT I found the level design a bit too angular, ie. full of 90 degree corners and that. Not too sure about the 'carry 3 weapons' thing either. Also, who are those ATC guys you fight with - not drones, surely?

A good FPS yep, but not a fiant leap forward.

As an aside Nick, 'editorial inserts' in reviews are all well and good, but the editor is..well it's you, innit?

Dale

Thanks
    Nice review Nick looks very nice, Defo a game im going to get but not any time in the near future, maybe a bit later on as im playin wow and i dont have any time to play other games hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight
    BUT I found the level design a bit too angular, ie. full of 90 degree corners and that.
    I agree hence me saying the walls would make a British builder weep... they're so perfectly straight cornered.

Not too sure about the 'carry 3 weapons' thing either.
    Ok, fair enough... but you can only carry three weapons, discounting grenade types of course...

As an aside Nick, 'editorial inserts' in reviews are all well and good, but the editor is..well it's you, innit?
    You'd think so but even an editor has a boss... (Yeah but I don't interfere too much, he scares me - Ed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thread Information