Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wii release date and price?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiternoise
    Yeah, i'm looking forward to the new war sim on PS3, the air combat looks intense, though it can't yet justify 500 quid
    I have a 360 but I HAVE to get a Wii

Loads of fun!

The thing I like about Nintendo is accessibility. My fiancee hates gaming BUT she kinda wants a Nintendo DS. Now she won't actually buy one and said no to it being her birthday pressie (why would you rather have clothes?? ): but she does want one.

To me that shows Nintendo's appeal. I want a DS and a Wii - and so does the missus!

The Wii is fun innovative and cheap - what more could you want?

As for the games being expensive - they're the same price as 360 games and downwards

There's always Hexus FS ya know
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks

bows down to whiternoise

Quote Originally Posted by Whiternoise
    I think that's generalising quite a lot to be honest. The Wii never intended to set the world alight visually, even Mr Iwata admitted that. While i'll agree with you that many people do not see that as a good thing, there are at least as many people who want bang for their buck (so to speak) who will buy the Wii for it's interactivity and gameplay values.

As for a cheap system and expensive games, the games are not especially expensive. They are being priced according to how the Nintendo execs feel they will sell (e.g Mario and Zelda will retail for more than Excite Truck!). When you put this in context, it is a clever system - take the game Ping Pals for the DS; priced at £20 (the same as some games if bought via Amazon.co.uk) it is nothing more than a rebranded version of the DS chat system. So, you end up paying the same price for a decent racing game as you would for a glitzy chat program.
    By pricing the Wii games in the proposed way, you will get much better value for money - paying a suitable price for a game that you will seriously enjoy (i'm thinking Twighlight Princess, Red Steel, etc.)
    Considering what you get, you can hardly complain about the Wii because it is cheap sytsem. Take the old example that a 360 premium package and a Wii launch package costs only slightly more than a PS3 launch bundle - the 360 has exceptional graphics, the Wii has exceptional innovation and games. I believe one of the MS execs said that they didn't see any problem with the Wii because they both catered for different niche markets (and thus, both companies have no problem with people purchasing both to get the best of each console).

That's just my pennethworth, but i really do think that the Wii is extremely cheap given that you are in effect buying a console with backward compatibility, full motion sensing and access to the back catalogue of retro games. Definitely worth paying the low price as a trade of to games that won't really cost more than Xbox or PS games.
    you know exactly what you are talking about and I agree with you all the way. It is not often that I hear anyone put their point they're trying to make quite as well informed and as convincing as that.

Registered+
    Thanks
    If thats the final price then I might just get one, but with the latest games on PC easily attainable at the £25 mark, it doesnt seem very fair to have to pay twice that for a console game.

Thanks
    See thats the catch the Wii has something to appeal to the money consious - the way it works and has been marketed makes it different than from the 360 and the PS3. The Wii is a cheap little system for games with an innotive control system - boxing games please!! having to throw the punches sounds so good... anyway). The PS3 and 360 are becoming media hubs - if u already have a decent pc unless there is always the option of doing it on your pc at the moment the wii has something the others dont.

ANd just a point to an earlier post. Bringing a console out as cheap as possible is an excellent idea for the companies who are selling the console, it ties the user into thier machine, if its any good the users buy the games at high price and its proven gamers will pay a lot for a title and cha ching.... the money roles in
    Last edited by zulander; 25-07-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Permanently confused

Thanks
    Who wanta some wii

Anyone know which computer game gem I ripped of then Come on peeps show your gaming dedication

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greektony
    Who wanta some wii

Anyone know which computer game gem I ripped of then Come on peeps show your gaming dedication
    Hmmm, Shadow Warrior? Who wanta some wang!

Thanks
    steven, you know "lo wang, shadow warrior"?

WHOOO WANTA SOME WANG

I know I sure as hell do

P.S. Cheers again for the Live code steven. Greatly appreciated. I don't suppose shadow warrior is part of the 360 arcade games download?
    Last edited by greektony; 25-07-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greektony
    steven, you know "lo wang, shadow warrior"?

WHOOO WANTA SOME WANG

I know I sure as hell do

P.S. Cheers again for the Live code steven. Greatly appreciated. I don't suppose shadow warrior is part of the 360 arcade games download?
    Have to admit I sort of cheated. I had a feeling I'd heard "who wanta some wang" somewhere before, so I did a quick Google check! I'm a fraud, never played the game

Thanks
    Phoney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information