Thread: BBC PS3 Debate

Thanks

BBC PS3 Debate

BBC PS3 Debate.
    The question was simply, will you be buying a PS3.
    Here are some of the answers...

The PS3 will generate yet another generation of murders, rapists and killer drivers through violent, sick games. Why are they not banned?

[Luke_Yeovil]

I know fella. That Jack the Ripper bloke was heavily influenced by Super Mario's antics.

"Girlfriends are more fun than PS3s
    Andrew Wood, Cambridge, United Kingdom "

Ah yes, but a PS3 will only cost you £425

But you can play on the PS3 whenever you want and you can even play on your mates without feeling guilty!

You could be right. But the advantage with a PS3 is that it has an off switch...

"I can't afford a PlayStation 3 because Gordon Brown is stealing all my money in taxes. Britian's gone to the dogs, the world will end and all I have to show for it is a tax statement."

Phew. Maybe there's a game called Stereotypical Mail-Reader Tory Bore where you live in Middle England and fret about immigrants and tax all day long. I shan't be playing that one.

To be honest, I have never been unduly impressed by level of argument on this site; but to discover that many of those debating, morality, politics, economics, philosphy etc... hereon, are couch potatoes who spend their leisure hours playing moronic, shoot-em-up arcade games truly came as something of a surprise. I am not often guilty of overestimating people but.......

william shears, London, United Kingdom

They just do not recognise your Genius Mein Furher. Lead us against democracy!

10 years ago my parents said that computer games were a waste of time and energy, however after getting hooked on them i developped a deep intrest into classic life and ancient history, and am now studying history and classical civilisations at A level. I am predicted a's in both and am applying to oxbridge...The majority of people who are opposed to (computer games) meerly are ignorant of the benefits one can recieve

Tony, Guildford

"Developped"? "Intrest"? "Meerly"? "Recieve"? Oxbridge?

But does it play Tetris?

;-)

Wendy Harrison-Fox, Oslo (UK Ex-Pat), Norway
    ------------------------
    Yeah, but in HD! :-)

Woo Hoo, Europe

------------------------

Does that make the little shapes fit better together? :-)

I am considering upgrading my Tiddlywinks to version 3.0, but now I am concerned about muggings and having to queue overnight. Please advise.

Yet again in the console market Europe is given a third-rate deal - the PS3 here will have no reverse-compatibility (unlike the US version)

Martin

What sort of a comment is that? No reference to tax, immigration, emigrating or benefit scroungers. You even slip in a bit of praise for the US. You're clearly on the wrong board!

"Sony have wiped their anus with Europe and then handed the toilet paper back for people to buy."

"i haven't played playstation in years. i'm very happy with my ds. and to those who think that gamers don't read: i'm an english literature graduate who alternates between taking books and my games console on the tube on my way to work.
    AND i'm a GIRL.

[fairypenny], London"

An English graduate with no concept of how to use capital letters... quaint.

"If the Daily Mail isn't outraged about something, doesn't the world stop spinning?
    [eftygoddess], Cambridge, United Kingdom "

Close, It stops spinning if people on HYS fail to insult by saying
    1 Right Wing Bigotteded BNP Supporting Raving Mad Daily Mail Reading Little Englanders
    or
    2 Salad Munching Soap Dodging Bleading Heart Guilt Ridden Liberal Guardian reading Middle Englanders
    There, I've said it now. We're safe for another day. I havent got a PS3, gonna get me an etchasketct

"To be honest, I have never been unduly impressed by level of argument on this site; but to discover that many of those debating, morality, politics, economics, philosphy etc... hereon, are couch potatoes who spend their leisure hours playing moronic, shoot-em-up arcade games truly came as something of a surprise. I am not often guilty of overestimating people but......."
    william shears, London, United Kingdom

Billy, I fear you may be a moron

Mr Toast

MORMON, it's spelt MORMON.

"Technology (30 years by Terry Killeavy)
    We ran and laughed and played for hours
    We swam in ponds, and hid in flowers
    We drank from hosepipes and did not die
    We went Carol singing on our own
    Terry Killeavy, Goth

Yes, very good, but if a kid nowadays did any of that, they'd be branded an anti-social thug and slapped with an ASBO faster than you could say "Hosepipe related illness"
    Last edited by Bazzlad; 23-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks
    • RECOiL™'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Kingston HyperX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7800GTX nVidia
      • PSU:
      • 700watt Modular