• Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    Quote Originally Posted by arbitor View Post
    Tbh id laugh for days if i found out it was done in the desert
    fool, it was done in a studio by kubrick, common knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arbitor View Post
    And bazzlad what makes you smarter than them??

Nothing you could be wrong.

I thought the moon landing thing with the flag, why would it have wind blowing through it??
    What makes me smart? Equal research to both sides.

Bad: When the astronauts are assembling the American flag, the flag waves. This must have been from an errant breeze on the set. A flag wouldn't wave in a vacuum.

Good: Of course a flag can wave in a vacuum. In the shot of the astronaut and the flag, the astronaut is rotating the pole on which the flag is mounted, trying to get it to stay up. The flag is mounted on one side on the pole, and along the top by another pole that sticks out to the side. In a vacuum or not, when you whip around the vertical pole, the flag will ``wave'', since it is attached at the top. The top will move first, then the cloth will follow along in a wave that moves down. This isn't air that is moving the flag, it's the cloth itself.

Thanks
    Oh and...

The issue of more than 800 pounds (363 kg) of lunar rocks that astronauts brought back to Earth.

"Geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth".

Thanks
    I didn't mention anything about a cruise missile in the slightest? I didn't say it was a cruise missile... I'm not a conspiracy theorist, infact I think a lot of the questions raised an evidence suggested by many of the theories is loopy, such as the "projection" of the planes and the missiles.

When did the moon come into this?
    Tom Scott,
    Scancom.co.uk/HEXUS Liason

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scott View Post
    I didn't mention anything about a cruise missile in the slightest? I didn't say it was a cruise missile... I'm not a conspiracy theorist, infact I think a lot of the questions raised an evidence suggested by many of the theories is loopy, such as the "projection" of the planes and the missiles.
    This is my proof.
    Conspiracy theorists make money. A lot of money.
    One minute it's missile, the next the pilot was involved in crash training at the Pentagon?

Send me some proof. Sources please, and I'll be happy as Larry to rebuke your thoughts - however I'm not researching your theories unless you have some evidence to them.

I note you haven't replied to my rebuttals of some earlier points. Why is that? If you produced something that proved my ideas wrong, the first thing I'd do is provide more evidence to my case - why don't conspiracy theorists ever do that?

Oh, how I wish I was an enlightened one - able to make aligations with only grainy film footage as proof and get an army of idiots believing it.

Thanks
    ... Bazzlad I think your own edict is just as trite as the 'conspiracy theorists' view myself.

I have no agreement with these people and their views, probably watched too much x-files or are borderline paranoid most of them.

I would offer the supposition that the powers that be are using these events to scare the population to steam roller invasive legislation under the guise of protecting the state. I believe our rights are being eroded on the back of these tragic events.
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noTHINGface View Post
    ... Bazzlad I think your own edict is just as trite as the 'conspiracy theorists' view myself.

I have no agreement with these people and their views, probably watched too much x-files or are borderline paranoid most of them.

I would offer the supposition that the powers that be are using these events to scare the population to steam roller invasive legislation under the guise of protecting the state. I believe our rights are being eroded on the back of these tragic events.
    Freedom through Facism is what I saw this branded as, a bit strong but it gets the message across.
    Tom Scott,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzlad View Post
    This is my proof.
    Conspiracy theorists make money. A lot of money.
    One minute it's missile, the next the pilot was involved in crash training at the Pentagon?

Send me some proof. Sources please, and I'll be happy as Larry to rebuke your thoughts - however I'm not researching your theories unless you have some evidence to them.

I note you haven't replied to my rebuttals of some earlier points. Why is that? If you produced something that proved my ideas wrong, the first thing I'd do is provide more evidence to my case - why don't conspiracy theorists ever do that?

Oh, how I wish I was an enlightened one - able to make aligations with only grainy film footage as proof and get an army of idiots believing it.
    I will do tonight when I can get to those sites without getting a rollocking from the director sat behind me

So chill....
    Tom Scott,

Thanks
    • Dareos's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77 - UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Geforce 670 OC Windforce x 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1050 Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" DGM and 40" Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • 152 Mb Virgin
    the CIA blew up the twin towers to destroy the footage of the moon landing being filmed in the desert. The guy that organised it was also the guy that shot Kennedy.
    We're only here for the Banter - The Luvvies - Chewin' The Fat

Violence and Lubrication is the solution to fixing everything, if it still doesn't work, you need more lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    How do you change the height of them?

I've just had a quick fiddle with the knob at the front :\

Thanks
    • Brucelles's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • AMD A8-6600K APU
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DDR4 800
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb Samsung, 320 Gb no name I can recall, 500Gb Sandisk SDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY - XLR8 GeForce 8800GTS
      • PSU:
      • 550W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Zalman
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S27C590H
      • Internet:
      • Orange Livebox Wireless ADSL - Sucks something rotten, and SFR Neuf box. Sucks less.
    What's really spooky about 9/11 is that I came home from dropping my daughter at school and my wife turned on the news on TV for me, which she never does. The first article was a verbal report that a plane had hit the WTC. No-one sounded excited, so I imagined a Cherokee or something, but my wife made me watch and eventually we saw the whole thing unravel in real time.

How could she have known? We lived in the UAE at the time, so she knew Muslims. We also knew a Jewish guy who was working undercover, pretending to be a Christian. I think that was who my wife was working for, our Arabic gardener and the Jewish bloke from the beach club.

There's conspiracy everywhere.

(Thanks Evilmunky)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes.

Thanks
    So let me get this straight - you're saying my "authoritative proclamation" that 9-11 happened as we all saw it is lacking in freshness or effectiveness because of constant use or excessive repetition?

I know it doesn't take a lot of imagination to state what happened happened, but I'd find it hard to find a fresh angle on it to be fair.

Herr Doktor Oetker, ja!!! pollaxe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I completely agree with that!

Tom I think the moon came into it (partly because I mentioned it) because of the larger conspiracy agenda that's out there. I listened to a radio show phone-in not so long ago where a caller alleged that the British Government knows all about wild cats living in the British countryside because he'd seen men in an unmarked white van collecting the body of a roadkill panther! He could be right but I suspect he isn't, simply because of budget, logistics and planning. Similarly, 9/11 for me is 99.9% likely to have been a terrorist attack without government involvement or planning. What they've done since (and many conspiracy theorists don't believe this is a coincidence, of course) is exploit the climate of fear and do pretty much what nothingface says.

I don't claim to know otherwise but I still say the conspiracy theorists must produce better evidence than they have to date to convince me otherwise. YMMV of course and everyone's free to believe exactly what they want about this and other matters.

Thanks
    ... Well, yes... Your not approaching this in a novel fashion but are attempting to demonstrate that the counter argument is absolutely not correct without full knowledge of facts basing opinions on others words and interpretations.

You are positioned at the opposite end of an argument proclaiming to be correct. What you dislike and challenge in other theories may be directed at yours. Unless you were there with complete understanding then you form your own conclusion, quite rightly, from the observations and statement of others.

Though I do agree with your general position.

EDIT - forgot to quote you, Sorry!

So let me get this straight - you're saying my "authoritative proclamation" that 9-11 happened as we all saw it is lacking in freshness or effectiveness because of constant use or excessive repetition?
    Last edited by noTHINGface; 18-07-2007 at 01:58 PM.
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelles View Post
    What's really spooky about 9/11 is that I came home from dropping my daughter at school and my wife turned on the news on TV for me, which she never does. The first article was a verbal report that a plane had hit the WTC. No-one sounded excited, so I imagined a Cherokee or something, but my wife made me watch and eventually we saw the whole thing unravel in real time.

How could she have known? We lived in the UAE at the time, so she knew Muslims. We also knew a Jewish guy who was working undercover, pretending to be a Christian. I think that was who my wife was working for, our Arabic gardener and the Jewish bloke from the beach club.

There's conspiracy everywhere.
    funny enough i was off work at the time, and for some reason decided to wake up VERY early (for me) that day and put the radio on, pretty much as soon as i did there was a news thing saying a plane or perhaps a missile had crashed into the WTC. so i ran off to stick the telly on.

how did i know? why didnt i sleep till my usual time? who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks
    • Dareos's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77 - UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Geforce 670 OC Windforce x 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1050 Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" DGM and 40" Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • 152 Mb Virgin
    i was fitting a starter motor to my Vauxhall Cavalier at the time...

badly i might add
    We're only here for the Banter - The Luvvies - Chewin' The Fat

Violence and Lubrication is the solution to fixing everything, if it still doesn't work, you need more lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    How do you change the height of them?

I've just had a quick fiddle with the knob at the front :\

Thanks
    i thought you didn't drive?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information