Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all you hardcore anime lovers out there...

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Re: For all you hardcore anime lovers out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiternoise View Post
    Ech no.. not Bleach, or Naruto for that matter - they've never really appealed either, i don't know why..

I meant like Neon Genesis, Ghost in the Shell that sort of stuff.

Full Metal Alchemist was also pretty good!
    I never got into Full Metal Alchemist but I like Ghost in the Shell.

Bleach is my favourite though, by a country mile

I was ill for a couple of weeks my first year of uni and sat there watching naruto the whole time, Watched about 160 episodes or something stupid like that. The worst thing about them (bleach included) is how little can happen episode to episode. I mean you get those big recap episodes every 30 shows or so, and tbh.. you can get almost the whole story just from that. Still though, Bleach is kool

Thanks

Claymore has been my favourite in the past year. It's more 'serious' and violent than Naruto/Bleach. I prefer the story in the manga than the way they branched out in the late episodes but it's definitely worth checking out even in anime form.

I've watched the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (pretty good as far as light hearted anime goes), but not too familiar with Lucky☆Star.

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB

Bleach, Naruto, G.I.T.S. S.A.C., Karas & Guyver for me ta.

although I prefer this AMV with B.E.P.& Papa Roach/Bleach
    Last edited by Blademrk; 02-08-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

Quote Originally Posted by MadduckUK View Post
    what the hell is this
    my thoughts exactly.

its pretty pervy really with these young girls and their bouncy boobs and their short skirts.

but i suppose the japanese love it dont they.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerboyce View Post
    Tatsuyuki Tanaka is my favourite anime/manga artist, does some stuff with Studio 4°C and worked on Akira. He has such a great style that is so much better then the average cutesy anime that all look exactly the same.
    You certainly know your stuff! Are you drawn in by the drawing style more than the story being told?

Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    I never got into Full Metal Alchemist but I like Ghost in the Shell.

Bleach is my favourite though, by a country mile

I was ill for a couple of weeks my first year of uni and sat there watching naruto the whole time, Watched about 160 episodes or something stupid like that. The worst thing about them (bleach included) is how little can happen episode to episode. I mean you get those big recap episodes every 30 shows or so, and tbh.. you can get almost the whole story just from that. Still though, Bleach is kool
    I got some Bleach figurines, waiting for something like Figma or Revoltech to do a moveable version.

FMA was good, or at least until I stopped watching it after episode 30 something. It got to a really good turning point and I stopped watching for some reason. GitS is good End of.

I have (or had) a very amusing Naruto episode, it's was someone's idea of an April Fools and it had me in stitches. I'll have to find it if I get my PC bits back.

Bleach is one of a FEW violent anime I watch; it all gets too samey after a time.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    Claymore has been my favourite in the past year. It's more 'serious' and violent than Naruto/Bleach. I prefer the story in the manga than the way they branched out in the late episodes but it's definitely worth checking out even in anime form.

I've watched the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (pretty good as far as light hearted anime goes), but not too familiar with Lucky☆Star.
    Ahh good old Claymore...I don't think it's more serious than Bleach/Naruto; it is devoid of all humourous content and tries to have a darker heroine. I hated the way the anime ended the series, utterly pathetic.

I love Haruhi Suzumiya for it's parody of ALOT of animes; Lucky Star is more about how the characters are similar in disposition to my friends and I.

Anyhow, I suppose what I would call hardcore anime lovers is not the same as quite a few out there. I should have written something along the lines of "For all you Bishoujo lovers"...

But for all the people who just watch the violent stuff, please take a chance on something like "Genshiken". If that is too far fetched start with Full Metal Panic (violent, military anime), move onto Full Metal Panic Fumoffu (all the comedic side stories), and then try something like Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, Minami-Ke, Genshiken. I used to watch Akira, GitS, Robotech (the poor man's version of Macross) and thought that was it. I expanded my play list and I found so much joy, shows such as School Rumble.

PS Gundam 00 is an absolute corker as far as Gundam Series goes, after the debacle that was Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

Thanks

I think it may be a little OT but have you guys seen The Little Ninjai chapters?

its all clear now
    Thanks
    • No.72's system
      • Motherboard:
      • commando
      • CPU:
      • e6300 3.50ghz artic 7
      • Memory:
      • 4gb corsair red tracers
      • Storage:
      • 320gb RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4870XT
      • PSU:
      • 620 watt corsair
      • Case:
      • coolmaster 831 SE orange
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407WFP AO4
      • Internet:
      • 10 meg virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Whiternoise View Post

But seriously, i'm more into the ah, slightly more violent Anime - never really seen the catch with this sort of stuff..

EDIT: Whoa that pic is huge!
    What is this pedobare thing??

Thanks

Ah, I remember watching the first few episodes of Ninjai a long time ago (few years?) - don't remember much of it at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Ahh good old Claymore...I don't think it's more serious than Bleach/Naruto; it is devoid of all humourous content and tries to have a darker heroine. I hated the way the anime ended the series, utterly pathetic.
    I think that the absence of slapstick humour, for better or worse, does make the whole thing 'more serious'. The theme is certainly darker (loss and revenge) compared to Naruto (become stronger/'save' Sasuke)/Bleach (become stronger/protect your friends). Come to think of it, Bleach is pretty easy on the drama especially considering the casualties on the 'good' side. But yea, I think they shouldn't have tried to 'conclude' the story in the Claymore Anime as they did. I recommend following the manga after around episode 21.

I love Haruhi Suzumiya for it's parody of ALOT of animes; Lucky Star is more about how the characters are similar in disposition to my friends and I.
    I don't remember that much about Haruhi Suzumiya to be honest. I vaguely remember that the title character Haruhi annoyed me for a good while (can't remember why exactly either), though I continued watching because I liked Yuki Nagato.

PS Gundam 00 is an absolute corker as far as Gundam Series goes, after the debacle that was Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.
    I've not watched Gundam 00 so far, though I like the brilliant green and the ending theme they did for the anime. To be honest, I've only watched some of the earliest Gundam and didn't like them as much as I wanted to. I wanted to watch them chronologically, but stopped somewhere during Zeta.

For 'Bishoujou' anime with fighting involved, it might be worth checking out Fate Stay/Night and Shakugan no Shana.

As far as anime/manga is concerned, I've probably tried most genres by now. To be honest, most genres have things in common, so they will all feel 'samey' if you watch enough of them. That said, some do manage to be better implemented than others.

Thanks

Good lord, I forgot all about ninjai....thanks for the reminder!

I honestly can't remember where I was upto in the Claymore manga, but it's on another story arc with some super crazy powerful (and unhinged) claymore girl whose partner is a useless claymore. I think one of the abominations (west, east..whatever) has been mullered or lost the fight and ran away...good story but lost track as I stopped reading quite some time ago.

Definitely felt wrong when the anime diverged from the manga and accelerated Clare's "progress/evolution". Sequel would almost be impossible now, at least in terms relative to the Manga.

Haruhi - can be annoying as she is some hyped up over-imaginative gung-ho girl and that's one reason why I like it so much...that and her imagination can change the world (without her realising).

Ahh good old Fate/Stay Night, the predecessor being Shingetsutan Tsukihime another great anime and one of my all time favourites. Shakugan no Shana the second was a pretty good second season to Shakugan no Shana and the story moved along nicely. Found it tragic the Shakugan no Shana movie was Season 1 in movie format. But the small interludes/specials like Shakugan no Shanatan (I may have totally mispelled the title...oops) was hilarious

For a short time I tried Sakura Wars and Tsubasa Chronicles...time and money beat me down...hopefully there are cheap box sets out there. I also tried out Magical Lyrical Nanoha (or some title to that effect) except that show really did stretch my level of enjoyment too thin...

PS the whole pedobear thing...I don't get...

Thanks

Yea, I don't think it would be feasible to have a second season to Claymore following the manga. Mind you though, the anime for FMA was also distinctively different from the manga and that turned out alright.

Ah yes, I was well amused by Shakugan no Shanatan, and particularly liked the episodes featuring Hecate. I've yet to watch season two though (or the movie for that matter).

As for Tsukihime, I am a little divided. I adore our little Moon Princess (and for once, we aren't dealing with a high school girl/someone who looks like a high school girl - which is kinda refreshing), and I can't hate an anime with her in it. But for a reason which I can't remember exactly anymore I don't think that I enjoyed it as much as I would've liked. I *think* that it might've been the pacing and I remember there was some up and downs. Which reminds me that I still need to play the other routes in the game.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

I was brought up on Gundam, and I have to say Gundam Seed was an excellent modern take on the series....then again, you only really get a good series once in about a decade. Destiny was an awful follow up - though valiant - and 00 is, so far, pretty boring...and split into seasons, which I can't stand either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    Yea, I don't think it would be feasible to have a second season to Claymore following the manga. Mind you though, the anime for FMA was also distinctively different from the manga and that turned out alright.

Ah yes, I was well amused by Shakugan no Shanatan, and particularly liked the episodes featuring Hecate. I've yet to watch season two though (or the movie for that matter).

As for Tsukihime, I am a little divided. I adore our little Moon Princess (and for once, we aren't dealing with a high school girl/someone who looks like a high school girl - which is kinda refreshing), and I can't hate an anime with her in it. But for a reason which I can't remember exactly anymore I don't think that I enjoyed it as much as I would've liked. I *think* that it might've been the pacing and I remember there was some up and downs. Which reminds me that I still need to play the other routes in the game.
    I never read the FMA mangas...it's taken me awhile to pick up mangas, I was overly critical of the Appleseed manga I bought which put me off for ages.
    I didn't know they bought the erogame of Tsukihim out in the UK unless you are playing it through in Japanese, of which you must be well versed in Japanese!!! I tried the demo out of Tsukihime vertical shoot 'em up and that had a story to it too...all in Japanese The anime of Tsukihime initially seemed slow paced but each time I re-watch it, it's a really sad tale and it made me appreciate more the little things that happens. Similar to that effect is Saishuu Heiki Kanojou...a bitter sweet story that I really enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ACiD303 View Post
    I was brought up on Gundam, and I have to say Gundam Seed was an excellent modern take on the series....then again, you only really get a good series once in about a decade. Destiny was an awful follow up - though valiant - and 00 is, so far, pretty boring...and split into seasons, which I can't stand either.
    My main issue with Gundam Seed and Destiny is the "emo" like characteristics of the characters. "Emo" is the best way I can describe them and even then I may not be accurate in the description I want to get across. I just found the two main characters drove me up the wall. For me, Gundam 00 just bought it back to basics without overly fussy characters. I can at least say I enjoyed Gundam Seed, Destiny AND 00 more than Gundam Wing.

Thanks

love the artist who did death note

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information