View Poll Results: How do you believe the us, the earth and all living things came about?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • as the bible says

12 11.01%
  • evolution

97 88.99%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: what do you believe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    also that thing about the universe crushing itself or it freeze is interesting, i reckon humanity and all other races in the universe...i mean there has to be someoe else dont there? i reckon they will find a way to stop it i mean they will probably think of something more powerful than the big bang surely?
    Pete
    Well we may have the technology to get off this planet in 500 years time but will we all want too? Taking all the the earths population away from mearth would probably be a major and time consuming operation unless it was 100% necessary.

I dont know if humans will find a way to stop the universe dying. They would have to evolve into something so much more powerful than we are now to have any control over something so massive asthe universe. There is of course the possibility that we might evolve into a "supernatural" exisance just mind not matter. As Galant says the "supernatural" and God probably exists independant of matter so the detructioon of the universe may not have any adverse effects on "supernatural" beings.

Registered+
    Inside the crazy mind of a depressed teenager.
    Thanks
    We'll evolve into a world of McDonald's gorging, Busted-worshipping, George Bush like warmongers who care more about the next edition of Heat magazine than the end of the Universe.

We'll also invent a new, more trust worthy form of sexual intercourse. I mean, thanks to the internet, millions of sperm are, as we speak, wasted. Drooling over some...ahem...pictures...semen is being rocketed into places that are impossible to impregnate.

Thanks
    Just to get the thread a bit more on topic...

When you talk of physical and spirtual "realms" so to speak the Bible does talk about it in a way. This place earth, time, space, galaxy universe etc. will pass away and heaven will be what is left.

Assuming this "realm" and heaven exist independantly and at the moment they both exist at the same time (although time is a constriant of this particular "realm"). If (or as I believe - when) this "realm" ceases to exist there will only be heaven which is outside of the physical and time constraints we know and adhere to. Not saying you have to believe it but just adding a Biblical side to the mix.

Could really give yourself a headache thinking about it all becuase it really is the ultimate in "thinking outside the box"!

Thanks
    What if god is the leader of an advanced alien race and we were 'planted' on earth as test subjects

Thanks
    haha yeh your right insanity
    did anyone see that film were they have sex through a computer i think it was demolition man or something not disimilar
    also does everynoe think there are definitly aliens out there?
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 30-05-2004 at 03:43 PM.

Spanked Member
    Thanks
    What if god is the leader of an advanced alien race and we were 'planted' on earth as test subjects
    Thats what I think HK is. A dense testbed of mutants and aliens.

Registered+
    Thanks
    imho religion is for the weak. the notion that there is a "god" is totally unfathomable to me.
    AMD XP2500+ AQXEA @ 200 x 11
    Abit NF7-S V2.0
    2 x 256mb 3200 cl2.5 twinmos
    40gb WD caviar 8mb cache
    Sapphire Radeon 9600xt 256mb

Thanks
    Several people have said 'religion is for the weak' or similar. Would you agree therefore that people who take holy orders, Monks (Buddhist, franciscan or whatever), or the equivalent with other religions, are weak people?

While I can see religion is irrelevant to most people's lives, including mine, and people who use religion to prop up their lives could be considered weak, I don't think these groups can be dismissed so easily, not because of what they believe, but because of their dedication. It doesn't make me believe, but they deserve respect.

Thanks
    And lo, the universe was made one Sunday out of Lego and plastercine
    And verily it was good
    And then the slippered foot of the lord our Dad came down
    And there was darkness
    And all that was good was in calimity
    And we did pray to the Lord God for Ice Cream to make it all better
    And we did pray for Tonka cars which the foot of the lord our Dad could not touch
    And it was so
    And verily it was good

Thanks
    I would have played Devil's advocate to Galant, but as there are so many, I won't.

I believe it happened as the Bible states.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread Information