Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talking to people from India when you ring the bank!

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 Fighter 10GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable
    I'd pay for my call centre to be in the uk

Thanks
    I dont care where the call centre is, but if there is someone on the other end that I can barely understand, it just isnt on. No offence to him, but a while ago I was put through to a french (english speaking) bloke when trying to get a new license number for NAV. I said I couldnt hear him properly, he replied 'now?' I said 'no, sorry, I mean I cant understand you', 'NOW?', 'you are loud enough, I don't know what you are saying', *very distorted because he is too loud*'NOW?!'

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable
    OMFG

I hate HSBC now

last week i phone to get papers sent so i can claim on my loan protection and credit card protection.....nothing has turned up.....and guess wat i was speaking to a india that did not have a clue wat i was asking.

so i phone again today i wat do i get but some bloody india...... god i give up.

think am gunan have to call in the day to have a rant.

the first time i called i got some one call alek in the uk who sent me the right papers, but because of my x boss not being bothed to fill them in and losing them i now need news ones

Large Member
    Thanks
    I wouldn't pay for it to be in the UK. I'd pay for it to be in my region. I can't even understand the Scottish and 'Northern' accents, let alone Indian heh. What annoys me more is when you ask someone to repeat themselves and they get shirty about it, be they English, Scottish or Indian .
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Thanks
    norwich union!! that was fun when i changed some of my details last week! "highcrown Mews" is where i live could she understand that could she plums!!!

Thanks
    I'm adopted from India, but I was so little by then I never learned the language So I don't have that strange accent. Well, I think it sounds quite fun..I used to watch a tv show called: Curry Nam Nam Which I so much enjoyed. But I can understand you people having trouble to understand their accent, I don't have so much trouble with it..maybe it's because I'm not from England..or any other English-Speaking-country..I dunno.

Somehow it feels like I should protect the "Indians" a bit Okay, maybe it sounds crazy and all.. but whatever. I could say that once a friend of mine called a support (computer-related) and that company was international so they spoked English! I'm lucky cos I'm quite good at it, but my friend had a problem following the whole conversation which was made over the phone. Well, I guess he was kinda lucky too cos he's quite good..but this guy talked damn fast!

And I'm convinced that if some of my friends got that support (not all my friends are good at english) they wouldn't have understand a thing. I mean to them it would have sounded like: - "Oh, you do like this...blah, blah...jkshifhiehrirh....did you understand?"
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    i hope you don't think i'm being rude moonshade, my problem is with the companies moving to India to save/make money, I felt so sorry for the person i spoke to on the phone she could not understand me and i could not understand her, it was not my fault and not hers... the problem is HSBC saving pennies... it should have been a 5min phone call but it ended up being a 20min, she kept saying sorry i don't understand.. and i'm like well it's not your fault... it was hard work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sixkiller
    i hope you don't think i'm being rude moonshade, my problem is with the companies moving to India to save/make money, I felt so sorry for the person i spoke to on the phone she could not understand me and i could not understand her, it was not my fault and not hers... the problem is HSBC saving pennies... it should have been a 5min phone call but it ended up being a 20min, she kept saying sorry i don't understand.. and i'm like well it's not your fault... it was hard work!

Well, sure..no I do not think that you're rude. But as I said in my post above, I felt somehow that I had to defend the "indians". I dunno what that really came from, I guess it's because I'm born there and finding it a bit hard hearing "bad things" about em'.

But I understand what you mean Bobby, no harm done. I still like ya!
    Love, Peace and Linux

Nox
    Vorsprung durch Technik
    Thanks
    • Nox's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Yes
      • CPU:
      • Yes
      • Memory:
      • Yes
      • Storage:
      • Yes
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Yes
      • PSU:
      • Yes
      • Case:
      • Yes
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes
      • Internet:
      • Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sixkiller
    norwich union!! that was fun when i changed some of my details last week! "highcrown Mews" is where i live could she understand that could she plums!!!
    The reason I didn't take up insurance with NU was because I was in no way convinced the person at the other end of the phone knew what I (or they) were talking about... and they had as much trouble understanding me as I did them, so checking wasn't really an option :/ not sure if NU are outsourced to <somewhere> but both times I phoned up I got through to people with heavy accents.

Nox

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable
    any one know of a bank with out call centres in india ?

Thanks
    God don't get me started on outsourcing. Nearly every time I ring HSBC or even 118 118/other random number searcher, I get some almost incomprehensible Indian person continually asking me to repeat what I am saying, it drives me nuts. By outsourcing they are cutting their expenditure but drastically reducing the quality of their customer services. And as someone said earlier, the amount of jobs that will be lost in areas that already have high amounts of employment is a near-scandal. I think it's disgraceful, and shouldn't be allowed to get any worse... or if it is allowed, it should be capped.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Registered+
    Thanks
    There was another thread about this a long while ago, and I always disagreed with outsourcing. Some people at the time argued with me, trying to convince me its a good idea, they probably had never experienced it.
    P4 2.8 | 9600XT 540/340 | Seagate 80 GB X2 | 1024 DDR RAM

Thanks
    it really pisses me off, i have been put through to them via call centers etc but never from my bank luckily

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information