Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Girls Don't Put Their Specs In Their Sigs (And Other Semi-Random Ponderings)

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    This is a tech forum, where people can (and do) ask for help. If you're the kind of person who asks for help a lot (llike me), then I realised early on that it get very tedius and repetitive typing your whole system specs in over and over. It's much easier to just says "see sig".

Banned
    Thanks
    This 'its so I don't have to keep typing my specs when I ask for help' excuse will not wash. There's more lies in this thread than the average party political broadcast by the Labour party.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaul
    This 'its so I don't have to keep typing my specs when I ask for help' excuse will not wash. There's more lies in this thread than the average party political broadcast by the Labour party.
    So what do you suggest they're there for then?
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    Well my reason IS true, but my specs are also there because otherwise I wouldn't know what else to put in that space. Be honest now, my system isn't exactly the most braggable system in the world is it? I'd say it's probably mid-range.

However, if I had a system like myths though, I probably would have it in my sig for bragging rights TBH. I think when I've left uni and got a proper full time job, I aim to have a system like that, and to be honest, the reason for me doing that won't be because I NEED it is it? Who NEEDS a hugely powerful system?

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    I put my spec in my sig to begin with because it saved time when I had a question to ask the peeps in here. Having said that the one listed is only one of the four I have at home currently, not to mention my work rig. But it's nice to know, from a nerdy trainspotting type point of view what other people are flying with.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Large Member
    Thanks
    If you're tired of your x800 Vaul, i'll have it off you . Never ever put specs in my sig as far as I can remember.

I'd guess most' 'hobby' as it were, is computing, so why not have their specs in their sig? That's the reason for my sig too, and the reason for the guys who linger in the IL-2 forum.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Thanks
    As far as Apple goes, generally I don't think the price/performance ratio of their machines is too good compared to PCs, but I'll take OS X over XP most days (apart from when I need some relatively obscure application/driver).

And if I ever had a half-decent machine, maybe I would feel proud enough to list specs in my sig. TBH, it'll never happen though!

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    no details in my sig simply because i know that for every 10ppl that read it and wish they had that much power ,there will always be a couple that read it and larf as they have uber systems, i would however put the details in my sig if i had the best you could buy to show off obviously

i dont overclock my system and make it look nice to show off either mainly because i dont have any friends to show it off to , i do it cause it is functional and i like it

arnt apple computers the stereotypical blonde girls of the computer world ie. they look good and you will take them home without question but they will give you a headache and make you regret spending your time and money on them for a long time to come

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaul
    Then there's me... since I completed the final few (dire) levels of Half Life II, I've not played a single second of a single game that required 1\50th of the pixel pushing, polygon crunching power at my disposal
    Try flight sims mate

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree [about the sigs and mac's!], and whats the deal with putting lights in your computer case? surely there are better things to do? like getting out more instead of sitting in a dimmly lit room in which the only light available is said case lighting...
    I guess I'd post my tech. specs. if it helped when I had probs but I haven't really had the need - yet - though this may change soon cause I'v ordered a whole load of stuff for a pc buildm so guessing I'll be camping out on hexus more than anything to put it all together right! watch this space!

p.s. girls I gues just couldn't give a stuff, its like this: most blokes get a flash car cause it goes like a rocket and looks good, cause he knows he's gonna show it off to all his mates and ladies girls on the other hand, and I'm generalising quite a bit here, tend not to get the biggest beefiest car and are even less likely so to show it off. hence why girls don't bother posting sigs...they don't want to get in the way of us bloke's fun!