Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP With Scan Rma!!!!

Ive got 10/40w for blood... THCi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Also, without any proof from either side, its gonna go on for an age really.

Thanks
    They have probably taken a pic of a different card to the one that was sent back so obviously would be a mismatch in serial numbers.
    Doo Doo Doo Da Da DA...

DR
    Thanks
    Gipo please don't start unfounded rumours - unless you can prove what you have just said it is actually slander.

Thanks
    it could be a possibility, or it could also be a mix-up. no one really knows apart from scan
    Doo Doo Doo Da Da DA...

Panzer Division Marduk PanzerKnight's Avatar
    Thanks
    so what can i do about it? the stickers are all the orginal ones that came with the card, havent tampered with it or anything

I have all my orginal proof of purchases etc, invoice emails and such, can they not help to prove the card is the same?

Thanks for your help so far David
    Last edited by PanzerKnight; 19-09-2003 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy
    The serial number when checked on the computer is the same as on the box, the label on the card is incorrect.

Thanks
    Very good point. Even if someone had, for no apparent reason changed teh serial number, the box here is obviously a match for the card, just the sticker isn't correct. But here i can see NO blame for scan at all, and the guy saying the took pics of another card, why would they do that then also prove the card IS from that box.

Another person helping to start unfounded rumours.

So far one rma i needed to do through scan, went through fine, they didn't even mind i'd sold PSU on , but said it would need to be inputted into system by me, and be returned to me, i promtply sent it on to the buyer off me. THye were happy with time it took, as was i, and pleased at how helpful they were.

Though so far overclock.co.uk 3 day 9700 pro turnaround, 2 day gigabyte nf2 turnaround, and about to test their 9700 pro turnaround again (replacement died after 8 months ).

Also MD rule, they had/have a no quibbles not happy return policy, i got the ti4600 gainward GS, i was completely dissappointed with teh difference within games at top details, from a gf3, let them know, they knew it was used and let me RMA anyway. It was a slight improvement, but for £350 or something wasn't nearly good enough, and they agreed

At this point, pointing out to scan that the serial on box and card match, jsut label is wrong, and asking them to contact ATi, who will probably say it can happen sometimes(which i assume has to be pretty easy) and will help get this moving forwards.

Thanks
    Internal serial number also matches, David, looking at my 9700 pro, i can't see a diff number of same length as that SCIL number onthe outside of box, which is same as internal number. I have whole diff number on my gfx card, and was whitebox.

But if that SCIL number is on the gfx card, might help persuade them.

Thanks
    the SCIL number is Scan own number. And ATI Whould not put wong S/N on a box and card as its packed together .Dont think thats possible .if that whats the case you whould not be the only one ! think how many cards goes though ati and shiped out each day.
    All you got left to do is thy ATI and see if you can get them to help you. If card still in warranty !!!!!
    If you had a shop whould you take something back you not sold. ?
    There is so much fiddel going on in this world thats why company like scan scan all items coming in and scaned agin when sold. can't blame them can you !
    on the receipt you got from them you should allways check that s/n is the same. Simple rules check yout stuff there and them same as when you recive anything !
    I have in my 6 year over here from Danmark used a lot off the company's people are using here and got accounts with a few inc. SCAN , and i must say Scan is one off the top one using.Only bad thing is if you going drown picking it up your self as a lot off peple do that ,but even then people still got time for you.
    just my 2 pence

Thanks
    I've gone through the RMA route with Scan before and they seem to be really good about things. If it wasn't the topic, I'd say that they're one of the suppliers that I'd recommend.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    Originally posted by PanzerKnight
    so what can i do about it? the stickers are all the orginal ones that came with the card, havent tampered with it or anything

I have all my orginal proof of purchases etc, invoice emails and such, can they not help to prove the card is the same?

Thanks for your help so far David
    Nice try m8, but it looks like you've been rumbled

Panzer Division Marduk PanzerKnight's Avatar
    Thanks
    **** u u nob
    everythings the same as it was when i recieved it

Thanks
    so what happenes next?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know i have today spoken with Gigabyte directly and provided them with all the details of this issue. I am pleased to say they have agreed to accept this card back from us. As such and specifically for PanzerKnight i can confirm your replacement graphics card will be with you shortly. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the confusion and inconvenience this situation has caused.

Kindest Regards

Wesley Aldred
    Returns Manager
    Scan Computers

Thanks
    Nice one Wesley. Thanks for taking the time to post here and explain that you have been on the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Look scan do have some nice guys
    Signature is 57 % complete. Please check back later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information