Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are people’s views on Software piracy?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Skii
    Cheers for the advice m8, but I've never known any individuals to be targeted - they go after the big fish
    Have you heard of RIAA's action in the US?
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    We're not in the US though are we?

Thanks
    But that doesn't mean that it'll stop a US company suing you from the US because you're infringing US copyright laws... Be warned.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by spikegifted
    But that doesn't mean that it'll stop a US company suing you from the US because you're infringing US copyright laws... Be warned.
    Well, a US compnay can sue you for infringing US laws but would have to do so before a US court, so unless you travel to the US you're pretty safe from that one.

You can't be sued in a UK court for infringing US laws, so you're pretty safe on that point.

However, if the Copyright is held in the US, it's a pretty safe bet that the same person holds the Copyright under UK law and there's nothing to stop a US company taking action against you in a UK court for infringing UK copyright law.

O\/\/N3D
    Thanks
    Well what about this angle .....

Many games/programs I have downloaded I have then gone out and bought, had I not downloaded them first I would probably never have bought them at all, do you want my money or not ??

I would love to have a 'legit' copy of Windows/Office and a hundred other appz and come the day when I can afford them then I will go out and buy them, until that point I have no guilt whatsoever using backups or whatever you wanna call them.

Billy gates can bite my backside tbh
    Last edited by M C STORM; 23-09-2003 at 10:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information